The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England - Page 3 Empty Re: Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England

Post by Phillip II of Spain Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:13 pm

I looked at Mary as she mentioned her sister Elizabeth.

"I understand this. She does have a right to know as like you say, until we have a son she is your heir even if I do not approve of her.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England - Page 3 Empty Re: Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England

Post by Queen Mary I Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:57 pm

He should have said we do not approve of Elizabeth. "I do not approve of her niether. I would rather my cousin, Lady Margaret Douglass, Countess of Lennox be my heiress. She is a Roman Catholic.." She could not make Mary, Queen of Scots her heir. Imagine all the power France would have if young Mary, Queen of Scots succeeded. The Dauphin Francis would become King of France and England and Scotland and that would tip the balance in Europe. So Mary, Queen of Scots can not succeed to England's throne but Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox could. But she, Queen Mary of England will have an heir and neither Elizabeth nor Margaret Douglas will be needed to succeed to England's throne
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:50 pm

"Mary, I cannot possibly begin to think about that. Let us focus on ourselves. The succession can wait for now, but if we are to talk about it then yes I agree with you that Margaret Douglas is the perfect choice and I could not bare to see the French ruling with more power than myself.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:49 pm

"Philip, you are very much in agreement with me, myself, not Queen Mary but Mary Tudor the lady. We will concentrate on ourselves for a change. I have always be dictated to by my father and my brother. Now I am a wife as well as a Queen." Queen Mary spoke softly as she usually spoke loudly.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:22 pm

"I cannot begin to imagine how it must have been for you Mary through the time of your father and brother, they were both of a different religion to ours were they not?
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:15 am

'Oh, my God, the pain I have suffered throughout my life and yet I have survived to tell the tale and to succeed to England's throne, my birth right. The pain was the worse. You can not begin to picture it.' Queen Mary said.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:58 am

"You are here now as England's Queen and I am proud to be able to call you my wife Mary. You have been through a lot but now you are stronger than ever.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:54 pm

'Yes, Philip, I am stronger.' Queen Mary remarked.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:52 pm

"I am so pleased to have you as my wife.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:00 am

Queen Mary blushed. "I am lucky to have such a fine figure of a man to be my lord and husband."
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:47 am

I smiled back at Mary.

"Thank you for your kind words Mary.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:17 am

"I am happy Philip. Really, really happy and it has taken many years to make it so." Queen Mary said
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:45 am

"Mary, I am pleased to hear that you are happy too. I am very happy in this marriage too.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:47 pm

"This shall shall be a glorious marriage blessed with a child, an heir or heiress. I look forward to all the years we shall have together, although I do know you will have to leave England from time to time but you will return, right, Philip?" Queen Mary stated.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:59 pm

"Mary, I hope that the marriage will be blessed too. You are right, there will be times when sadly, I will have to leave England and see to things in Spain, but hopefully you can come with me at times too?
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:51 am

She told Philip that she would wish to go with him to Spain when he went. She had the right to go as his wife. Only the nobles could keep her back and they would certainly try to keep her back.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:35 am

"Mary, I have but one question. Why do your English nobles disapprove of our union?
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:29 am

'Because you are not English. They dislike all that is foreign, Philip.' Queen Mary hath said unto her husband.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:12 pm

"I see, well I do not dislike you Mary. England has had foreign Consorts before though, were the nobles the same then?
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:09 am

Queen Mary did not know what to say to that.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:28 am

"Mary, I am sorry if I have offended you with these words, I can only apologise.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:38 am

'You have not offended. I just do not know how to answer.' Queen Mary commented.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:27 pm

"I see, well maybe we should let the matter pass then Mary? Tell me, is your sister Elizabeth truly plotting with a rebellion against you?
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:21 pm

'I certainly hope not.' Queen Mary did not think that Elizabeth was plotting a rebellion against her. She would fear getting caught and losing her life. Elizabeth is a surviour. She thinks she is going to come to the Throne Elizabeth does not want Queen Mary to have a baby.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:41 pm

"Maybe it was just a rumour that was going round the court, for your sister would have no reason to offend you. How are the English people, taking to being back with the true religion?
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next