The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England - Page 2 Empty Re: Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England

Post by Queen Mary I Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:44 pm

"Philip, that is wonderful news. Congrulations. So now I am Queen of Naples as well. I should like to go viisit Naples. It must be a lovely country."
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England - Page 2 Empty Re: Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England

Post by Phillip II of Spain Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:15 am

"Mary, you are indeed Queen of Naples too. A nice place it is. We should visit it together. What do you think?
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:34 am

"Oh, I should like to visit our Kingdom of Naples together. That should be a nice honeymoon."Queen Mary said.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:41 pm

"Then Naples it shall be. It will make a great honeymoon too I agree with you there.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:31 am

"We will begin preparing to leave tomorrow." Suddenly she felt free that she would be going to Naples. Naples is a wonderul country and it is hers and Philip;s
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:49 am

"That is wonderful to hear Mary. I shall my men ready for us to leave tomorrow.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:34 pm

They continued to eat. It was a spectacular wedding and a splendid day and Queen Mary was sure that it would be a great night.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:26 pm

I looked towards Mary as we sat and ate then I leaned towards her and whispered in her ear.

"Mary, is there any chance that I could here a piece of traditional music from England. The musicians do not seem to be enjoying this day I fear.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:50 pm

"You can hear anything you want, dearest heart." Queen Mary said.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:16 am

"Thank you Mary. I would very much like to hear your favourite tune, if I may?
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:20 am

Queen Mary intructed the musician to play her favourite tune. The meal was finished and now there would be music and dancing for King Philip hath commanded even though he did not directly state but Queen Mary directly stated for him. So the musicians began to play Queen Mary;s favourite tune. The plates were being removed and the tbables pushed back so that there may be room for dancing. She hoped her husband, King Philip would lead her in the first dance of the evening.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:14 am

They had removed the tables from in front of us and as they did I took Mary's hand and asked her to join me on the dancefloor for the dance to her favourite tune.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:22 pm

Queen Mary gladly went into the dance with her beloved husband. She looked at him as they danced and thought how forunate she was for he was truly handsome and charming and everything she wanted in a husband.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:03 am

I smiled at Queen Mary as we danced.

"You dance very well Mary, did you have a dance teacher here in England?
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:38 pm

'Yes, I had a dancing instructer. I had a very good education for a woman. My mother would have it but do not forget she is the daughter of the great Isabel of Castile, your great grandmother. I was taught Aristole, Plato, Sopholes, Socrates among other classics. I was taught Italian, French, Laitn, Castillian Spanish, history, geography, mathamatics, among many other subjects.'
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:10 am

I smiled at her.

"You have certainly had a wonderful education Mary. I was taught how to be King too given that I was heir to the throne. It was quite challenging at times.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:40 pm

"Yes, it is very challenging. My mother taught it was important for me as future wife and possible Queen of some foreign country to be well educated. You, too, believe in education for women, do you not, Philip." Queen Mary stated.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:51 pm

"Philip, i have a question for you. May I ask you, my lord husband?"
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:02 pm

I looked at Queen Mary.

I too do believe in the education for women you are quite right.

Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:03 pm

"Of course you may ask me Mary.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:47 am

"I am glad that you believe in education for women."
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:41 am

"I do very much believe in it. I feel that everyone should be educated in an equal manner.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:34 pm

So the evening was winding down and it was time for the bedding.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:39 am

I held Mary's hand in mine as we both prepared for the bedding tonight.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:04 am

Queen Mary was quite nervous. She was a virgin. She wondered upon this act of lovemaking that everybody was so keen on. Elizabeth did not wish to wed. Perhaps she was right. The poor girl must be terrified after she saw the late King, their father go through six women. "Philip, I must write to Elizabeth that we are going to Naples. She is my heir presumptive until we hath a child and I promised to tell her if We were going to Naples."
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next