The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England Empty Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England

Post by Phillip II of Spain Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:28 am

The day had finally come. Today I was to marry the Queen of England. My hopes of becoming King may well come true. I had decided to dress in traditional Spanish colours of blue and yellow and I could not wait to see what Mary had chosen.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England Empty Re: Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England

Post by Queen Mary I Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:56 pm

Today had finally arrived, thought Queen Mary. She chose a beautiful gown of crimson velvet.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England Empty Re: Marriage of Phillip II of Spain and Mary I of England

Post by Phillip II of Spain Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:38 am

I had been patient and I waited for Mary to arrive for the ceremony. I was very intrigued as to see what she had chosen to wear for this grand day and I had just hoped that she would enjoy it as much as I would.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:59 pm

Finally Queen Mary arrived and she marvelled when she saw Philip. She was grandly dresses and befited her on her wedding day. He looked so beautfiul and handsome.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:32 pm

I smiled at Mary as she walked towards me. She looked beautiful in her gown every inch a Queen.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:19 pm

Queen Mary hath walked down the aisle and was beside Philip. She awaited as the Bishop of Wincester began to preform the ceremony.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:04 am

I smiled at Mary as she arrived and stood next to me. We turned towards the Bishop of Winchester and I held Mary's hand. I did not say anything to her as I did not want to interrupt the Bishop as he performed the ceremony. I was just very happy.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:29 am

After a long ceremony, Queen Mary was finally Philip's wife. She was happy, She smiled up at Philip.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:42 pm

I smiled back at Mary.

"I cannot believe that we are finally married Mary. This is a great day.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:52 pm

"This is indeed a great day, Philip. I am so happy to be your wife and now we need to proceed to get me with child so that we have an heir for England." Queen Mary enthused.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:13 pm

I smiled at Mary and I did have to say that I was surprised at how fast she wanted to be with child.

"Mary, I to am pleased that we are now married. You have done the first part of strengthening your position by marrying, I do however agree, that only with a child will you be at full strength, do you not agree?
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:00 am

"Yes, I agree. I should so like t hath a child. For me it does not matter if I hath a boy or a girl but the country would wish for a boy. We shalt make wonderful parents, Philip, although I do know that you will have to go away back to the Netherlands or Spain at some point as your father, the Holy Roman Emperor wilt need you. But I hope you do not leave me too soon for we need to make an heir." Queen Mary stated.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:48 am

"Mary, I will stay with you as long as I can of course. father will at times, need me and I will succeed him to Holy Roman Emperor too, imagine that our son will be both England's King and Holy Roman Emperor as well as Spain's King. It will be wonderful.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:31 pm

"Yes, that will be wonderful. We should proceed to the banquet. The Court wants to share in our joy of our wedding. We need to eat in front of the Court." Queen Mary said.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:16 pm

"We should indeed proceed. I do feel like many at the court do not approve of our marriage Mary. This will be a good way to show them how strong our bond is.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:14 am

"Yes, there are many who do not approve of our wedding. I wonder if my sister Elizabeth approves. Oh she may make pretense of approving but our child will displace her in the line of succession. I hope she never becomes Queen of England." Queen Mary stated.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:02 pm

"Mary, I was actually thinking the same thing. Does your sister actually approve of it. Shouldn't it be put out there that all must recognise and accept our marriage? I mean all should convert to the Catholic faith too including your sister and if they do not, should they not be dealt with? When our child is born you will not need to worry about your sister.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:14 pm

"Yes, Philip, I do think it should be put out there. All must accept our marriage for it is good for England this alliance with Spain." Queen Mary said.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:57 pm

"Mary, I am so glad that you agree with me. I fear that there may be many that do not approve of it however.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:45 pm

"Yes, well they will have to live with it for we are now man and wife and I am right pleased. Let us proceed to the banquet." Queen Mary said.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:33 am

"Mary, that sounds like an excellent idea. Shall we show them how much we love each other by joining hands together as we walk to the banquet?
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:29 pm

"Yes. let us do so." Queen Mary took Philip's hand and they walked into the banquet together.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:37 am

I took Mary's hand and we both smiled as we walked into the hall and all of the faces looked towards us and I did not care what they thought, I was very happy.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Mary I Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:10 am

There was a major feast prepared: lampreys, chicken beef, mutton, peas, carrots, potatoes, breads, salad for the Spanish loved their salads. There was an assortment of fruits and pastries. And when Queen Mary and King Philip for he was King of Naples. The Holy Roman Emperor gave him Naples as a wedding present, came into the room, they went to the head of the table and sat down.
Queen Mary I
Queen Mary I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:10 am

I entered the hall with Mary and we both took our place and the head table and as we sat the rest of the court sat. I wanted to have some music and so I signalled to the musicians that they play. As they started to play, I turned towards Mary as she was about to start eating.

"Mary, did I tell you that as a wedding present, the Holy Roman Emperor, has gifted me the Kingdom of Naples? I say as I helped myself to some delicious looking salad.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next