The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King Henry VIII to Margaret of Austria

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

King Henry VIII to Margaret of Austria - Page 4 Empty Re: King Henry VIII to Margaret of Austria

Post by Margaret of Austria Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:59 pm

I decided to send Henry another letter.

King Henry,

I want to let you know that Princess Agnetha and Princess Christine both has told me of Elizabeth Hampton's activities.  Christine reported to me that Elizabeth was not happy that Katherine and the Swedish family came to Romania.  Claiming that they were trying to rule over Romania and remove her. Also Elizabeth had Christine followed when she went to visit her brother to let him know of their arrival. Then I remembered the letter you showed me from Princess Agnetha.  She wrote what Katherine had written in her in regards to happened to her.  Elizabeth drugged her.  That Katherine was taken to Hungary and it was Elizabeth who suggested that Katherine had emotionally harassed her.  That they all hated her.  There by hoping that Nadia would execute Katherine for the ill treatment of Elizabeth.  I hope that you will agree that I am not accusing Elizabeth unjustly.  Agnetha and Christine both can attested to the actions of Duchess Elizabeth.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

King Henry VIII to Margaret of Austria - Page 4 Empty Re: King Henry VIII to Margaret of Austria

Post by Henry VIII Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:57 pm

I had received Margaret's letters and yet I was still unsure as to exactly what was happening, for this message I had received did tell me another story. I decided that it was best that I not mention it to Margaret and so I picked up a quill and wrote my reply.

Dear Margaret,

I thank you for both of your letters and all of the information that you have given me on the matter.
I would very much like it if you could return to England soon with Elizabeth so that the matter can be settled in my court and there is someone that I need to speak to as well.

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Boleyn Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:54 pm

King Henry,

Prince Alexei's father has approved of the match.  But he wishes to meet with you and my family.  Especially Queen Anne so that he has questions.  I will try to write a letter to Anne and my family.  Thank you for your consideration and giving me your blessings for me to go to the Ukraine.  

Mary
Mary Boleyn
Mary Boleyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:30 pm

Dear Mary,

I am pleased to hear this news. King Nikolai, I can meet with him at Whitehall, for state business means I cannot travel. It is understandable that he seeks family approval and I am sure Anne will not mind. She is the one that can grant the match in your family as she is of highest rank.

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Boleyn Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:42 pm

King Henry,

I have written to Anne and she has given me her approval. I shall let the King of Ukraine that you both have your permission to marry Prince Alexei.

Mary.
Mary Boleyn
Mary Boleyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Thu May 02, 2024 11:17 pm

Dear Mary,

I am very pleased to hear this news and I do wish you and Prince Alexei great happiness together. You will have to come and see us.

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Sun May 05, 2024 4:54 pm

King Henry,

I will soon return to England with Elizabeth Hampton.  She has told me that she has sent someone to speak to you in person about me.  Please Henry do not listen to this person.  Why would Princess Agnetha give false report against this woman.  It was Princess Agnetha who had written you about Mary's good news. This was the first time any of them had met Elizabeth.  Why would Katherine send a letter stating that Elizabeth is the last person to see her.  You know that Katherine wanted to get to know Mary. So why would she leave without informing Mary about this.  There was no reason for Katherine to leave to go to Hungary of all places just to meet Elizabeth's niece. How would anyone have known that she has a niece let alone a sister. Elizabeth wants you to have concerns about my reputation.  You know that I am meticulous about the council that I give.  I check all of the information I have received.  I would not make a report when I did not do my due diligence in the matter.  Hopefully I will be there soon.  I do not want you to lose respect for me.  I give you my word that what I have reported to you is true.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sun May 05, 2024 10:31 pm

Dear Margaret,

I am very much looking forward to your return to England. I have no questions about you Margaret, the news and information that I have received this past week requires my full attention and focus. I trust that you are well.

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4