The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King Henry VIII to Margaret of Austria

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

King Henry VIII to Margaret of Austria Empty King Henry VIII to Margaret of Austria

Post by Henry VIII Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:21 am

Dear Margaret of Austria,

It has been bought to my attention by my good friend The Duke of Suffolk that you would be interested in a visit to England. I can say that I would be delighted to receive you here in England, however I would add that you inform me of a time that would suit you to visit, for as you well know I am a busy man and would not want to miss you.

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

King Henry VIII to Margaret of Austria Empty Re: King Henry VIII to Margaret of Austria

Post by Margaret of Austria Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:23 pm

Dear King Henry,

Of course I will. I understand the duties of the King and they are infinite. I am more than happy to send you a letter letting you know when I am able come to England. When would you like for me to visit. Perhaps we can start there. I am able to come soon as right now I am able to travel there and my country will be in good hands. Please let me know if this is a good idea. Thank you

Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

King Henry VIII to Margaret of Austria Empty Re: King Henry VIII to Margaret of Austria

Post by Henry VIII Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:17 pm

Dear Margaret,

I would be very happy for you to come to England now if that is your wish. The Christmas festivities will be starting in England in the coming weeks too, so there will be lots going on.

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:52 am

Dear Henry

I am happy to hear that.  I am on travels nearby so I will stop in England.  How is Anne.  I hope that you both are well.  Anne has a sister as well.  I hope that their families are well.  Perhaps while I am there I can visit Charles Brandon and his wife Katherine.  He also has a daughter Anne Brandon.  She was also a student of mine.  It would be good to see England especially at the holidays.  I shall be at the English shores soon.  I will message you when I arrive.  Will see you soon

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:36 am

Dear Margaret,

I shall look forward to welcoming you to the English Court and I do very much hope that it is to your liking. Anne, she is well and recently she informed me that she is with child so I do hope that we are blessed with a son. Didn't you and Charles Brandon used to be very close?

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:14 am

King Henry,

I am looking forward to seeing you and Anne.  I hope that you both have a healthy baby.  Beautiful and strong boy.   Charles and I were close. Flirting innocently.  If I remember correctly you are such a hopeless romantic. I have written to Charles and I am happy to hear that he and his lovely wife are happy. I have also heard that they are soon to bring a new baby into their lives. Did you know that his daughter, Anne, was also a student of mine. A very lovely young lady. Charles is a good man. I will see you soon and we can reminisce about the past and any other topics you like.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:07 pm

Dear Margaret,

I do hope that we are blessed with a precious son too and I can only thank you for your teachings with Anne, for she knew exactly how to charm me. I did not know that Charles's daughter was a student of yours. Was this a request originally done by himself? What did you teach Anne Brandon?

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:40 am

King Henry,
I hope that Anne and yourself are healthy and strong. Charles asked me if I would have his daughter at my court. I granted his request and I pressed upon all of my girls the graces of being at court. The same things that I taught Queen Anne I teach all of the girls of court.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:04 am

Dear Margaret,

Anne and I, we are both in very good health and strong and we now await the arrival of our child. I pray that it will be a son. Do you have any children of your own Lady Margaret?

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:01 pm

King Henry,

I am overjoyed to know that you and Anne are well.  I will be on the English shores soon.  We can talk soon.  As you may know I am twice widowed. I was once pregnant.  With a daughter but she did not reached this world for she was stillborn.  But I rather not dwell on such unhappiness.  I also hope that Charles Brandon and the Duchess Katherine will have a healthy son.  It is no longer in will of our Heavenly Father that I have another child but I revel in the joy of others.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:46 pm

Dear Margaret,

I am delighted to here that soon you will be on the shores of England for I cannot wait to welcome you here. I am sorry to hear about your daughter, losing a child can be hard for I have experienced the loss of a son before during my marriage to Katherine. Charles, I am sure will be much better now his daughter Anne has returned to the family home.

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:47 pm

Dear King Henry,

I am delighted to know that you and Anne will welcome a child.  Yes soon I will step upon the English shores.  I am sorry for the loss of your son as you said it is hard . Sadly with pain comes healing. It is nice to hear that Anne is with her father.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:04 am

Lady Margaret,

I do hope that Anne and I will be blessed with a new prince. You should join us for the feast when you arrive. There is to be a dance too, followed by a tournament to mark my birthday.

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:08 pm

King Henry

I have just arrived at the English shores. Would you please be so kind as to have a coach come to bring us to the palace.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:50 pm

Lady Margaret,

I shall have a coach sent to meet you at once. Would you like for us to continue our thread there?

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:45 am

King Henry,

I thank you for the speed with the coach. Yes when I arrive at the palace we can continue our conversation there.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:45 am

Dear Margaret,

Your are most welcome. I do hope that your coach ride is nice and I look forward to hearing from you when you arrive here at the palace.

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:28 pm

King Henry,

The coach is not far away. I will be there in a few moments. I can not wait to see you both.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:30 pm

Dear Margaret,

It shall be an honour seeing you. I do hope that you like England.

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:33 am

King Henry,

I will be with you and Anne soon. I have been here before. But I am sure that I will have a wonderful time. Tell me how is Charles, Anne Brandon and Katherine. Perhaps I can visit them while I am here.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:00 pm

Dear Margaret,

We very much look forward to receiving you soon. Charles and his family are well. Perhaps you have not heard the news that Katherine is with child and they have returned to Suffolk for the birth.

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:38 pm

King Henry,

I am very happy to see you soon. I must message them.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:07 pm

Dear Margaret,

We looking forward to seeing you very soon.

King Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:12 am

King Henry,

I too am looking forward to see you and Anne again soon.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:56 am

Dear Margaret,

A grand feast is being prepared for your arrival. You must tell me all about your country when you arrive.

Kind Henry
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next