The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investiture Ceremony for Prince Edward

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Investiture Ceremony for Prince Edward - Page 2 Empty Re: Investiture Ceremony for Prince Edward

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:33 am

My uncle is about to reply when Lord Thomas Stanley approaches with a formal bow. He has a look of polite courtesy on his face and he is holding some formal documents.

I curtsy to Thomas.

Back to top Go down

Investiture Ceremony for Prince Edward - Page 2 Empty Re: Investiture Ceremony for Prince Edward

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:22 pm

Thy Princess Elizabeth hides her displeasure well at my disruption of her continued dancing with her uncle King Richard. Perhaps she is more than playing in this game of thrones? Her flushed face and delicate beauty are perfect for her stature.
My loyalty is divided. I am liking this new King Richard, even though he took thy throne for himself, he is proving to be a good King. But my lady wife and myself are loyal to thy House of Lancaster and I have sworn my allegiance to Henry Tudor. I cannot have thy Princess Elizabeth loyal to thy House of York again. She must stay true to our cause. And for this, I must present these papers to thy King Richard now.

Your Grace, I am sorry to ruin your intimate dancing with Lady Elizabeth Grey, but a messenger has just arrived with these papers and he did say they were important.

I bow and wait for thy Kings response.

Back to top Go down

Post by King Richard III Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:43 am

I smile at Elizabeth as she curtsies before me then before I reply to her Thomas Stanley arrives with some important papers.

"Thomas please come to one side and show me what the papers say as I believe you said they were of great importance. I say leading him to one side.
King Richard III
King Richard III
Admin

https://tudorroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:00 am

I bow once again and avert thine eyes from Princess Elizabeth.

Your Grace, I have not opened them. Thy messenger said for your eyes only. He has travelled from Brittany I believe." 

I await for King Richard to open thy documents.

Thy rain that has been threatening all evening begins to fall rapidly.

Back to top Go down

Post by King Richard III Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:23 am

I took the letters from Stanley and I opened them.

"Well it seems from these letters that my enemy Henry Tudor has sent word to the church in Rennes announcing his betrothal to my niece Elizabeth. Thomas you must at once send word to thy church declaring the betrothal off that there was a mistake. I am almost close to finding my niece a suitable husband. What news Thomas can you bring me of the movements of Henry Tudor and I do hope you are on my side Thomas?
King Richard III
King Richard III
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:00 am

I put on a grave face.

Your Grace, Henry Tudor has announced publicly before God and the Priests at Rennes, this betrothal to Lady Elizabeth in 1483.

Elizabeth of York and Lord Henry Tudor are betrothed. He has been waiting on these documents for thy proof of betrothal between himself and Elizabeth of York for many weeksso he may before priests and Cardinal pledge before God and man, publicly to marry the York Princess Elizabeth.

Your Grace ye can not stop any plans Henry has after having the betrothal blessed in the Church at Rennes. As far as thy Pope and God is concerned, Henry Tudor and Lady Elizabeth are already married in thy eyes of thy Lord.

Richard, ye know I am on your side, I have been dispatching messengers to try and locate these witnesses and papers as soon as ye asked thee.

My advice is to ask thy Lady Elizabeth in private of what has occurred. I have found no evidence of correspondence between Henry Tudor and Lady Elizabeth. It must have been planned by other parties.

I wait for thy King to respond.

Back to top Go down

Post by King Richard III Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:22 am

I look at Thomas Stanley.

"Well my niece betrothed to the enemy this is terrible news to hear and it seems now that this enemy Henry Tudor wants the throne of England too and trying to turn the Yorkist in England against me or so it seems.

These documents you have given me here certainly show it to be true but yes I will seek an audience with Elizabeth in private tonight and show her the documents and see what she has to say then she will remain with me close by so I can be sure she is not in contact with him.

Your loyalty is highly regarded Thomas and please try to find out his location and these other parties too. As for Henry Tudor he is obviously planning to try and take the throne of England. Find out where he plans to land and inform me and I will ambush him and we will do nothing but let him land in England and march through the towns then I will have something special awaiting him. Keep me posted Thomas.
King Richard III
King Richard III
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:15 am

I bow to thy King.

Yes tis wise to keep thy Lady Elizabeth by thy side at all times.
Thy will ask thy informants of any ships sighted on thy channel and report to thee at once. I believe ye are right, Tydder is trying to take thy throne and by being betrothed to thy Yorkist heir is thy opportune plan. If he has planned an invasion, he will most likely land at Southampton. I will of course see if that is thy case. I will leave thee to your private audience with your niece.

I bow formerly and thy King dismisses thee and heads towards his private royal chambers.

Back to top Go down

Post by King Richard III Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:11 pm

"Thank you Thomas I know I can always trust you. Should he come to England Southampton is his likely passage and so I should ambush him there. Place ships to be ready on the coast to leave should the enemy appear armed with double sets of cannons and I will teach Tudor a lesson. Speak with thee later.
King Richard III
King Richard III
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2