The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isabella of Portugal's Study

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Isabella of Portugal's Study - Page 2 Empty Re: Isabella of Portugal's Study

Post by Isabella of Portugal Sat Jul 20, 2024 5:05 am

Tell me Philip.  Do you agree or disagree with their assumptions of the situation?. If there are any riots in the streets what would you do to calm the people?  I ask because I believe that it is necessary for you to give your opinions on the state of the country.  You will be ruler one day.  You must consider all of the options. Listen to your advisors they will give you advice but it will be up to you to make a decision.  Would you like to accompany me to speak with the nobles? They can tell me their concerns and possible solutions to the problem.
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:00 pm

I looked sternly at mother as she spoke.

"Mother, I believe that the allegations that make are false and I do not believe them, but that does not matter when they are rioting on the streets. If I was in that situation, would it not be better to meet face on with the leader of these rioters to find out what the problem is so that a solution can be reached? I would love to join you mother.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella of Portugal Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:19 pm

I smile at Philip. The suggestion he gave is sound.

Philip, I am proud of you. Your suggestion is good and I think that you should give your suggestion to the nobles. It is time that you have a voice in these conversations. Come, I have called the council to order. Please stand beside me. I will tell them that you have a suggestion to quite the people.
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:26 pm

I looked at mother and I smiled kindly towards her.

"Mother, I am pleased that you think I have made a suggestion, I appreciate you giving me this chance, I hope that I will not let you down.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella of Portugal Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:48 pm

Philip I think that it is good that you thought of a solution to the situation. I am proud of you. You should be there before the council. You will not let me down. You will do what you believe is right. Learn from the mistakes you make and the wins. Listen to the suggestions of others and then make your decision. As long as you do that I will be proud
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Wed Aug 07, 2024 11:35 pm

"Mother thank you so much for your kind words. You always know how to fill me with confidence. I think that it is because you are my mother. Tell me, how is father for I have not seen him for days?
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella of Portugal Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:59 pm

Your welcome truly but I would not have said if I did not believe it. Yes, you are my son and I love you, but I would never lie to you. Son or not know that what I say to you I believe that it is true. Now about your father. He has not responded to my letters but he is usually involved with matters of state. So I cannot say when will he return. Is there something you need that I can possibly help with?.
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:13 pm

"Mother, I do hope that father is okay. It has been a while since you last heard from him and I am just worried that he may be seeing another behind your back for I have seen how he can get with the ladies. I did want to ask, how much wealth does Spain have?
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella of Portugal Tue Aug 13, 2024 2:51 am

I looked at my son and he seemed worried about me.  I touched his face and smiled

My dear son.  I thank you for your concern but your father and I are happy with each other.  Did you know that when we first married your father ordered seeds from a flower in Spain.  It was a red carnation.   And because I loved them he said that he ordered more of the flowers in my honor. Yes I miss him dearly when he is away but I know that he thinks of me when he is gone.  We write to each other often.  And even though he has not written back to me I have no need not to trust him.  So you see you have no need to worry about our love for each other. I know that his eyes does not wonder.  As for the country it is financially stable so you can put you fears away.  I hope that I have given you some comfort..

Last edited by Isabella of Portugal on Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:02 pm

"Mother, I just realised that of course father is busy for he is Holy Roman Emperor and away a lot. I am pleased to hear you ae happy though. How did you two meet?
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella of Portugal Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:48 am

Well yes as the Holy Roman Emperor he is busy.  And yes we are happy.  When I meet your father it started off as a marriage of a political advantage.  Once we met and married we became closer.  We genuinely care for each other.  I told you about the carnations.  They were planted throughout my garden.  Every time I see them I think about his gift to me.  I know that he is away for long periods of time but we write to each other.  I know that he loves me and he trusts me.  He knows that I will protect our country and it will be here when he returns.  Tell me Philip how are you?
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:59 pm

"I am well mother thank you. All of my studies are going well and I am learning the ways of the court and how to become King. I do not get much time to spend with anyone else though as everyone demands a strict focus. One day, I hope to build an amazing palace.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella of Portugal Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:00 pm

Well Philip I am happy to hear that.  It is important to do well in your studies. Learn from the people around you and listen to their concerns.   When you learn from and listen to your countrymen you can become a better person and a better King.  I think that everyone who is close to you will understand.  I miss hearing from you but I understand your absence.
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:05 pm

"Mother, can I ask if you would care to join me for some tea this evening in my room. I have been writing something that I would like your opinion on and I have been taught some new music I have been learning too.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella of Portugal Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:09 am

Thank you Philip. I would love to join you for tea. I did not know that you were writing but I will give you my honest opinion. I appreciate you feeling that you can come to me. I like music what instrument do you play. I was taught the piano and violin.
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:43 pm

"I shall have the servants prepare the tea for us. I am sure that my writing is not very good and that you will not like it but I will value your opinion. I am beginning to learn to play the trumpet.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella of Portugal Fri Aug 23, 2024 12:07 pm

Thank you for the tea.  I greatly appreciate you thinking of me.  But why do you think that your writing is not good or that I would not like it?  You will not be perfect at first .  It takes practice and a willingness to be a better writer, musician and a better person.  I was taught the piano and violin.  I thought that I would never master playing them.  Then one day it was somewhat effortless.  My mind just took over my fingers.  Not to say that you will not mistakes, you certainly will but with every attempt you make it will happen.  You will be able to hear the words and music in your mind then you will change a word or note.  Until you will present your piece knowing that it is the way that you are proud of.  With every thing that you want to do or show you should look at it to make sure that every action that you do will make sense.  You do not understand now but you will get better in time.
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:06 pm

"Mother thank you so much for your words. I have here the piece that I have written for a violin as I find the sound that comes from that instrument is just wonderful. Please tell me your thoughts on it. I say showing her the script I had written along with the music.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella of Portugal Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:27 am

Philip handed me his written works.  And I looked at him kindly.

Mmm.  This is what you have been working on?  Hold on one moment.  I leave my for a moment and when I returned I was holding a violin.  I looked at the music and I begin to play.  The notes were flowing and I thought that my son has made beautiful music.  I smiled to him. I think that it is very beautiful.  Do you wish for me to continue playing your music
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:51 pm

I started to cry a little as I heard mother playing my music on her violin and she was very happy with it. "Mother, please do continue to play it, I am so pleased you like it.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella of Portugal Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:03 pm

Yes dear. You are very creative. Please would you come and join in. I know that there is an instrument that you play and we can have a duet.
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip II of Spain Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:48 pm

"I would like that very much mother, thank you.
Phillip II of Spain
Phillip II of Spain

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella of Portugal Yesterday at 5:52 am

As Philip and I are enjoying our private concert a knock came to the door.  My chambermaid opened the door.  Then she handed me a letter.

Forgive me for the interruption your Grace.  This letter came for you

Thank you.  The Queen of Sweden has given birth to her first child.  There is a celebration of the child's birth.  She has invited me to celebrate with them.  Tell me Philip would you like to accompany me to Sweden.  It may be a wonderful experience.  I have never been to Sweden.
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2