The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King's Study

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

King's Study Empty King's Study

Post by Guest Sun May 28, 2023 10:19 am

I could not believe the news that I had just received. I was with Mary in the study when news was bought to me of the death of my father and now I was King of France and I turned and showed Mary the letter.

Back to top Go down

King's Study Empty Re: King's Study

Post by Guest Sun May 28, 2023 1:25 pm

When Queen Mary read the letter, she was saddened that old Henry the Second was dead. She liked the old king very much. He was always kind to her but then she was the Queen of Scots and he was proud that she was his daughter in law. "This is most sad news, Francis."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:54 am

I looked across at Mary as she read the letter.

"This is indeed very sad news, now it means I am the new King and you are to become the Queen of France, Mary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:40 am

"We are King and Queen of France and I hope we will make a good King nd Queen of France. That is important to me as is being a good Queen of Scots. Perhaps one of these days we may go to Scotland. Would you like to go to Scotland, Francis?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:58 am

"Mary, I am sure that you will be a very good Queen for France. Please do be wary of my mother too as she can be quite demanding. I have never visited Scotland before, what is it like there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:12 pm

"I will be careful of old Catherine. I only wish knew what it was like in Scotland. I left when I was so very young. i barely remember it. I was raised here at the French Court for France has always taken care of Scots monarchs. We have the Auld Allilance." Queen Mary said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:48 am

"You must be very keen to see your home again. Have you thought about writing to your mother to see what it is like in Scotland at the moment?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:09 pm

"Yes, my mother, Marie di Guise and I keep in regular touch in regards to Scots matters. Things are not well in Scotland. I believe they miss having me there but I am here with you, Francis and that is where I wish to be for you are my husband and I loveth you very, very much. I do not think your mother realizes how much we love each other. I hope you do loveth me as much as I loveth you." Queen Mary said, brightly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:01 am

"Mary, I love you more than anything. I still cannot believe that I am now King of France. We will have many matters to discuss with the nobles in the coming weeks, Mary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:43 pm

"Yes, we will have to discuss matters with the nobles and i am very glad that you loveth me." That was Queen Mary, business first and then her personal life. But she did love Francis greatly. After all they grew up together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:32 am

"Mary, indeed we will. There is tension amongst the nobles and some of the people of France too. I am told that no one quite knows what religion they wish to follow and then we have the problem with some nobleman not supplying grain to us either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:06 pm

"Well, we have to look into these matters. My uncles, the de Guise wilt help us out" Mary loved her de Guise very much especially her grandmother, Antoinette.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:45 am

"Mary, I would of course appreciate any help that we can get. Are they here in France?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:36 pm

"Yes, they are here in France. I can not believe that we are now King and Queen of France. I am used to being a Queen. I have been Queen since I was six days old. But you wilt find it daunting. But I wilt be here beside you and the first matter we need to discuss is the grain. The people must have the grain for I wilt not hath French nor Scots people starve and there art many Scots in France as I am here and they wish to be beside their Queen," Queen Mary said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:34 am

"Of course, I remember now that you did tell me that you were Queen at just six days, that must have been hard. The grain is an important resource for France, the problem that we are facing is that the nobles do not wish to share their grain equally now as my father had agreed with them. They feel like a new era has begun and so they want a different deal with their grain. Many, I am told have not warmed to you being Queen, but do not worry I will deal with those individuals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:49 am

"Francois, I trust you very, very much. I know you will take care of these matters for you know where it is at. You know the heart of it, my dearest love." How Queen Mary cared for this boy. So, so much. She does not know what she would do if anything happened to him. Queen Mary could not picture it. She smiled unto her King and husband and went up to him and gave him a kiss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:58 am

"Having your trust does mean everything to me Mary. I will sort all of these problems out. Is everything well with you Mary?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:14 pm

"Well not really, now that your dad is gone to his Maker. I loved your dad, the old King. He was a force to be recknoed with and then there is Elizabeth of England. I should be Queen of England as well. She still sits on England's throne, Francois. I do not know what to do. Well, actually, we should do nothing at present. We have France and I have Scotland. I will in time get England. But oh, how I do want England, dear sweet England which is part of my inhertiance and with England comes Wales and Ireland. Imagine being Queen of Scotland, England, Irlenad and France. Would that not be glorious to be King and Queen of all those countries and the it would just be us and Spain. France and Spain as it should be." Of coarse, there were other countries but they did not matter to Mary Stuart. She was aiming high. So hight as to be Queen of ALL France, Scotland, England and Ireland.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:46 am

"Despite what people said or what opinion that had of my father, Henry was a good King and he taught me many a great thing. It was really sad when he went and now to think I have to fill the boots that he has left.

It would be incredible to rule such a strong country like England as well and if it is part of your inheritance Mary, I will do all I can to help you get it, but we must be careful of Elizabeth too. Spain will always be our ally as my sister Elisabeth is married to their King.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:33 am

"All though Spain was not France's ally at the beginning of the fiteen hundreds. Castile and Aragon allied with everybody but Scotland and France. Isabella of Castille would not give one of her daughters to France. And you will do well in your later father's boots. After all you have me and you have my Guise uncles to advise you, Francois." Queen Mary had said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:28 pm

"Mary, I know that with you by my side, I will be able to make the right decisions for France. I do hope that we can have that allegiance and I can promise you that France will support Scotland against any threat from England and Elizabeth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:27 am

"Oh, my dear Francois, it pleases me to no end to hear you say that. Elizabeth is a horrible woman, an upstart who is sitting in one of my Thrones. England is mine and one day you and I shalll get it, even if we have to ally with Philip the Second of Spain to get it." How Queen Mary loved this boy. She has known him all her life and she knows that their life together shalt be glorious. How could it be otherwise. Them two were meant to be together. Queen Marie of Gusie and King Henry the Second of France did a gteat thing whence they had Queen Mary brought to France from Scotland all those years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:18 am

"Mary, we have been together a long time and so I will do my best to help you gain the throne of England. I do believe that Spain would support to, given that my sister Elisabeth is herself Queen of Spain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:05 pm

"Yes, with Spain's help, we will get England and Wales and Ireland Yes, we have koiwn each other many years They were glorious years." Queen Mary said, regally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:45 am

"The years that we have had together Mary, have been the best years. How did you plan to take England from Elizabeth?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next