The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phillip of Castile to Margaret of Austria

2 posters

Go down

Phillip of Castile to Margaret of Austria Empty Phillip of Castile to Margaret of Austria

Post by Phillip I of Castile Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

Dear Margaret,

I hope that this letter finds you well.

I was told that recently you met my wife Juana, how was that meeting? How are things with you, Margaret?

Phillip
Phillip I of Castile
Phillip I of Castile

Back to top Go down

Phillip of Castile to Margaret of Austria Empty Re: Phillip of Castile to Margaret of Austria

Post by Margaret of Austria Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:21 pm

Dear Philip,

I am well and I hope that you both are doing well.  I did have a visit with Juana.  We spoke about many things.  We talked about Juan,  the loss of my baby daughter.  She told me that she is with child herself.  Congratulations to both of you.  The visit was short.  You were in Sweden I hear. I wanted to go myself for the marriage of Mary, Henry VIII's sister, and the King of Sweden.  But I am in England visiting Henry.  The visit is going swimmingly.  I wanted to see his wife, Anne Bolyen, but she is away.  I hope that you will write to me more often.  I love to hear from you.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Phillip of Castile to Margaret of Austria Empty Re: Phillip of Castile to Margaret of Austria

Post by Phillip I of Castile Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:58 pm

Dear Margaret,

It is true that Juana is with child so as you can imagine, we are taking things easily with the child.
You never told me that you had lost a child Margaret, I am sorry to hear this.

We have not actually travelled to Sweden yet, I thought it best that we wait a while. Tell me, what is England like for I have never visited there before. Is Queen Anne the great beauty that everyone says she is?

Phillip
Phillip I of Castile
Phillip I of Castile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:01 pm

Dear Philip,  

Thank you for your condolences.  I am so sorry that I did not personally tell you of this.  Yes I am in England and it has been a very nice distraction.  I taught Anne Bolyen.  She was a good student.  She is quite lovely but it is Henry's sister, Mary who is quite beautiful.  I wish that I could have seen her again.  As I have said she married has married the King of Sweden.  Henry has told me that Mary too is with child.  He has found his another daughter Katherine Elizabeth Tudor.  I have never met her.  He met her in Sweden at the marriage celebration.  He did not know that she was in France.  Well otherwise everything is going well with me.  

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip I of Castile Fri May 03, 2024 10:58 pm

Dear Margaret,

I am pleased to hear that you are having a wonderful time. I am pretty sure that Queen Anne of England has gained all of her clever wit from you. I send my congratulations to Queen Mary, I am pleased to hear that she is well. Margaret, are you going to be attending father's coronation?

Phillip
Phillip I of Castile
Phillip I of Castile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Sun May 05, 2024 3:12 pm

Dear Philip,

How are you? I hope that things are well with you. I hope to return soon so that I may witness Father's coronation. I do not want to miss the grand event. Father must be very excited about this.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down