The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry and Elizabeth

2 posters

Go down

Henry and Elizabeth  Empty Henry and Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth of York Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:16 pm

I received thy summons from King Henry close to midnight. I told none of my ladies about thy messages and as they are Lancasterians and probably chosen to watch my every move, I have no friends to confide in . I ask to be made ready for bed but I have an outer garment of delicate material with elaborate embroidery for when Henry's servant comes for thee. I make sure my hair is brushed out and shining and I leave it loose for this occasion. I wear soft slippers and rub some berries into my lips for softening and a hint of colour. A soft discreet knock at my back stairs alerts thee and I throw my outer garment on and take one last look at thineself before quietly following Henry's manservant to his rooms.
Elizabeth of York
Elizabeth of York

Back to top Go down

Henry and Elizabeth  Empty Re: Henry and Elizabeth

Post by Henry Tudor Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:41 pm

I had taken a napright after the coronation had finished and has attended the royal banquet, keeping to myself as much as was possible.  I awoke well before the midnight and gave instructions to let the princess through, but to tell no one  The guards had given me some knowing smiles.  They were also imformed there would be a severe punishment for violatioms of the King's privacy.  They had turned far more serious.  I close the door and await the knock.
Henry Tudor
Henry Tudor

Elizabeth of York likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth of York Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:17 pm

I arrive outside thy kings privy chamber and his main servant shows me into the private quarters. I await outside his bed chamber and all thy servants leave quickly and quietly. I hesitate for only a moment before knocking gently. I wait anxiously outside. I know not how Henry will take to thee . Does he prefer the subservient or independent woman ? I guess I will find out soon.
Elizabeth of York
Elizabeth of York

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tudor Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:15 am

I hear the knock at the heavy door ... "Yes?"  The door opened and a guard announced in a lowered voice ... "The  Princess Elizabeth asks to enter ... my lord ... your highness."  I stand by the foot of the bed in a night-cloak.  I smile in as welcoming a manner s I can manage.  "She is most welcome.  And guard ... the door is to be locked and no one is to be graned acknowledgement that there is anyone here or be allowed admittance ... am I clear."  The guard nodded, she entered, and the door closed behind her.  "Well ... this meeting is long overdue I think.  I think its important for the both of us to know where the other stands.  You can sit in thechair by the desk if you wish.  There is no reason to stand.  What did you think of the Coronation.  Oh ... and by the way ... I am well away of the fact that you probably have a greater claim than I do to your father's and your brother's throne.  I would not even do your ucle the honor of recognizing him having had a claim  Please forgive me if that offends you."
Henry Tudor
Henry Tudor

Elizabeth of York likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth of York Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:28 pm

I must congratulate thee on a well put together procession and ceremony. I was honored to be there. I apologise for being somewhat late and I did not intend any disrespect your grace. I am but a woman and I have abundant family members that require my attention. I understand that as my King and my lord ye should take priority over them , it will not happen again.
I do not mention that I was reminiscing about my uncle and happier times. I close thy distance between us and boldly look Henry in thy eyes.
Thee looked rather resplendent at thy Cathedral and ye never shied at majesty. Your accession will be remembered for many years to come. As we are betrothed to put an end to these wars between our families, I have already renounced my full claim to thy throne and I pray ye please keep your promise and have thee as your wife and Queen in time. I do not get offended easily , I do not have a uncle. Tha t uncle was an ursuper and we must not mention his name within this court . Many Yorkists will try and keep his memory alive, together we must suppress these reminders"
I try to hold my face impassive as Henry studies thee for a long moment.
Elizabeth of York
Elizabeth of York

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tudor Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:23 pm

He smiled slightly at your congratulations. "I thank thee, Princess ... or would you have me call you something else? In our exchanged notes at the banquet I believe I let thee know that its success belong ed to those that planned and carried it out, and not I. Besides, it would only be the success it was with the high quality of the attendees, of course including thyself."

"Well ..." he smiled more broadly this time ... it did give thee a more theatrical entrance, which brought thee the attention that a true princess deserves." He remembered how fine a figure she displayed as she had entered. "I was not offended in any way. I might have been had thee chosen not to attend. I realize that with the rapidity of events and thy special responsibilities that attend thee as a senior member of thyr House that thee were delayed. I trust that thee will be responsive to my wishes, but rest assured that I hold nothing against thee," he said as he assessed her fine physical form and appearance.

He saw that she did not take his offer of the seat at the desk and instead stpping forward and looked into his pale blue eyes, boldly and with determinatation, and he wondered what the import of this was. He moted her outer garment and wondered what lay beneath. "You were wise in your choice of an outer garment ... there is a chill in the air ... would you prefer to sit by the fire?" Before she responded to his question he heard her harken back to the Cathedral in France. "Yes I believe that my dress had to be appropriate for the occasion. Since I am the first Tudor to ascend the throne I would guess it will be remembered. It will be even more remembered if my union with another produduces heirs. In fact, there are those advising me not to marry until the prospective queen is with child."

I nod at her reference to her mention of the betrothal and that she had renounced her claim. "Yes ... it was quite generous of thee to forfeit that claim. It , of course, would be better if all of thy siblings, known and currently unknown made the same claim. Now ... My LAdy Moter has lectured me that royal marriages are poltical and not made out of love. You will find that I do not agree with her in all things. I think it is important for the king and queen to be bonded emotionally and spirtually, and not just physically. That is why I felt it was important for us to meet outside of the interference .... of others." He listened to her final words.

"Yes ... he was an Usurper and my mortal enemy. However, he was still thy uncle, and I know that thee were close to him in many ways. I desire not to know the details. I am glad that you do not get offended easily ... just as I know that it is a difficult thing for thee to overcome ... that I killed him. I trust that thee can put that behind thee and come to accept me. Otherwise I do not see how our union can go forward." He looked down at the floor as he avoided her eyes in mentioning the Usurper, her uncle.
Henry Tudor
Henry Tudor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down