The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Margaret of Austria meeting with Maria of Aragon

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Margaret of Austria meeting with Maria of Aragon  - Page 2 Empty Re: Margaret of Austria meeting with Maria of Aragon

Post by Guest Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:36 pm

"You make an excellent. All I have seen as I travelled through your lands was happy people and I overheard people speaking as i stopped along the way to rest. They only spoke well of their ruler, Margaret of Austria. You should be happy that the people like you so, Margaret." Maria continued to partake of the food.

Back to top Go down

Margaret of Austria meeting with Maria of Aragon  - Page 2 Empty Re: Margaret of Austria meeting with Maria of Aragon

Post by Guest Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:27 pm

I did not realize how the people felt about me. I have been talking with some people that I see passing by. I am happy that I am well regarded by my people. It brought a tear to my eyes. I hope that my father is proud of me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:11 pm

"Both your father, the Holy Roman Emperor and your brother, Philip of Flanders will be right proud of you. You are a wise ruler who knows how to keep the people happy and content. You are doing a very good job. I am going to write to King Henry the Seventh right. I shalt go to my chamber and I am sure that he will probably see that your union with Arthur is a good propostion. A union between the Low Countries and England is desirable." Queen Maria had remarked, regally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:34 am

. Thank you for saying that. You are very kind. Do you know Arthur, what is he like. Please do not go out of way for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:34 pm

"No, I do not know Arthur but from what I hear from my sister, Katherine of Aragon, he is a fine fellow, kind, considerate and understanding and I do not mind going out of my way for you, Margaret. You are a dear, dear sister in law. You are what is left of my brother, Juan whom I miss each and every day as welll as my sister Isabella of Aragon."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:49 pm

I was happy that she thought of me in that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:09 pm

"i am going to go and write to King Henry now, if I may and we can lalk further later on. Perhaps you can come to my chamber to continue our talk."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:07 am

. I will let you get your rest. I am a little tired so I will go to my chambers and rest as well. Good night Maria..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:45 pm

"Good night, my dear girl." With that, Queen Maria took her leave of Margaret and made her way to her chamber where she sat and penned her letter to King Henry the Seventh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:26 pm

. Good morning Maria. I hope that you slept well are you hungry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:16 am

Margaret had come to Queen Maria's maid while she was still in bed. Queen Maria had said, "Good morning. Yes, I am very hungry."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:37 pm

. I am very pleased that you slept well. Now I will have the cook prepare the morning meal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:39 pm

"Thank you very much, Margaret." Queen Maria of Aragon remarked unto Margaret of Austria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:39 pm

I looked at Queen Maria. . I hope that after our morning meal we can go for a walk around the garden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:22 am

Queen Maria wanted to see what Margaret hath prepared for them that morning. "Yes, I would like a walk in the garden. Your gardens must be beautiful. We have beautiful gardens in Castile, in Aragon and in Granada and in Portugal." Queen Maria smiled brightly at Margaret of Austria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:44 pm

. These are some of the most beautiful gardens in the region. Would you consider riding with me. There are many places that we can visit. Museums, opera and shopping. Only if you wish to see the beauty of my country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:06 pm

"My dear Margaret, I should greatly wish to see the beauty of your coutnry and I love the opera. Isabel of Castile, my beloved mother, used to have singers and musicians." But Castile and Aragon and Portugal was beautiful too, thought Queen Maria. She was missing her lord and King and husband, Manuel. She was still in her early months and Manuel does not yet know she is with child. "let us go for that walk, dear girl, after we eat."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:22 pm

. I see that you are troubled Maria. Is there something that I could help with. I know you must miss your husband dearly. Is it possible that he may be able to come here to the Netherlands and you both can par take in the beauty of my country. That way and how beautiful setting you may give him the wonderful news of your being with child. How does that sound to you. I say as we begin our walk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:46 am

"No, no, dear girl, Manuel can not come here. He is King of Portugal and needed there. I am not troubled. I am greatly happy to be in your presence. I am here for various reasons, One to discuss the possiblity of you wedding with Arthur Plantagnet and to visit and talk with you." Queen Maria was taking in the beauty and fragrance of the flowers in the garden. It made her think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:00 pm

. Are you still trying to make a match between myself and Arthur Plantagenet. I know that there must be another reason for your visit here. You are so far away from your home. I am very happy that you wanted to visit me and your interest of welfare but is there any other reason for your visit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:23 pm

Queen Maria did not like where this was going. She had geniune, sincere intentions to help Margaret in making a marriage with Arthur and she wanted to see Juana and Philip. She had to be polite but she hath just decided that she msut leave Flanders and gp home. "I have wiitten to King Henry. I do believe our business is done here and I shalt pack to leave by tonight. It hath been a pleasure to see you again after so long. And will you give Juana and Philip both my regards and that I am sorry that I missed them."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:24 pm

I could see that I made Queen Maria a little uncomfortable by what I said to her.      
    Your Majesty I think that I made you feel uncertain about what I said.  Let me say please stay.  I love having you here with me.   I  know that you want me to find a good husband.  And you want me with a good man.  I thank you for looking out for my happiness.   I hope that you except my formal apology.   Please forgive me for I  do not think that you want to lead me in a wrong direction.   So please stay and introduce me to your gentleman friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:02 am

What a switch around, thought Queen Maria. Well, she would forgive Margaret this once. "Well, I do not know Arthur personally but perhaps I could write him a letter and you two can correspond. What say youi." Queen Maira bent down and smelled a rose. "And of coarse, I formally forgive you, Margaret. You will always be my sister in law but I can not stay long for Manuel needs me in Portugal. I am Portugal's Queen and I have my duties to perform." She did greatly enjoy performing those queenly duties. She knew that she probably woudl not see Juana because there is war treathing Luxemburg.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:35 pm

. Thank you for understanding as I have said I did not mean to upset you. I am sure that Manuel is missing you terribly. So if you need to go home I will miss you and I hope that perhaps I can visit you. Corresponding with Arthur sounds wonderful. We can get to know each other by letter. I may see Juana before you, if I do I will let will tell her that you missed her and I will write to you. Does that sound fine to you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:12 pm

"We will need to get permission from King Henry if Arthur will be allowed to wed with you. Do not forget that George, Duke of Clarence wanted to wed your mother, Mary of Burgundy and Edward the Fourth of England would not let his brother do so. So your mother was wed to the Holy Roman Emperor Maximlliian."

Queen Maria continued "I will stay a few more days while we await the news from King Henry and then I can write to Arthur and you can start to exchange letters but this all takes time, Margaret"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next