The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King Nikolai's Receiving Room

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

King Nikolai's Receiving Room - Page 2 Empty Re: King Nikolai's Receiving Room

Post by Nikolai Olegovna Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:47 pm

I looked at Mary Boleyn as she entered the room and she began to ask her questions.

"Do not interrupt me before I have spoken Mary. I have indeed spoken with your sister Queen Anne and she was able to answer all questions and conclude everything. Just tell me something Mary, do you really expect me to agree to a marriage with my son, with your history of mistress of King Henry, King Francis too, but not only that, you also married without seeking your families permission and were disowned by them? How do you expect me to react. You may well love my son, but how do I know that you will not betray him.
Nikolai Olegovna
Nikolai Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Boleyn Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:49 am

Forgive me your Majesty I never want you to think poorly of me.  I did not mean to offend.  Yes it is true that I was a mistress of King Henry.  He has many I unfortunately became one of them.  It is not my intention to make myself out to be a victim.  Yes I went to France with the (at that time) Princess Mary who became Queen Mary of France.  When Queen Mary became a widow she returned to England and I remained for a short time in the service of Queen Claude.  I was never a mistress of King Francis.  That was an accusation from the servants wanting to destroy my name.  Yes my family did disowned me but my sister supplemented my living situation.  I attended the wedding of King Gustav and Queen Mary. Queen Magda and Queen Mary introduced me to your son.  I have always admitted to the wrongs of my past.  I learned a great lesson from the things that occured.  Queen Mary, who has always been kind to me helped me realized that I can be happy again.  I was introduced to Prince Alexei on the hope that we may be a good friends. We got along well and we talked for hours.  I told him about my past and he excepted me as I am.   I wish to make Alexei a good wife. My biggest mistake was to allow the men in my life take advantage of my innocence and inexperience.   I want to find a man that truly loved me. I will be dedicated to him and him alone.  I love your son and I will strive to deserve Alexei's love because he has my love and respect.  He is a good and kind man and perhaps I do not deserve his love but I do wish to give him all of the love he deserve and more. I would like to grow old with a good man that loves me. Not for what he is but one who loves me for me despite my flaws.  I understand your Grace that you do not trust me.  That I am not worthy of your son and perhaps I am not.  There is nothing that I can do to right the wrongs of my past but to learn from them. Your Majesty I have learned from my mistakes but I do not know how to help you see that I am not out to hurt Alexei.  I do not love him because he is a prince but because he has a princely manner about him and perhaps I can learn from him. I humbly ask for your blessings to have the chance to try.  Your Majesty.
Mary Boleyn
Mary Boleyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikolai Olegovna Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:11 pm

I listened to every word that Mary was saying in detail and I could see how well she defended her honour and she did truly seem to care for my son.

"I would like to say Mary that I thank you for being honest and open about being the mistress of King Henry. I have heard that he does like his fair share of mistresses and so I will hold nothing against you for that. You were very brave to remain in France after the accusations that you had received from those who were not your friends, and to me, that shows a great act of courage, which is a good quality to have.

You say that you were introduced to my son by Queen Magda of Sweden, then I guess you are familiar with how much us Olegovnas and the Svenssons are very good friends and always have been and if Queen Magda believed that you were suitable to talk to my son, then there must be a reason, for she would know what I would look for for me to grant my blessing. You are ticking many great boxes.

The way you talk about how much you care for my son and how you love him dearly, impresses me. You say you are going to right the wrongs of your past after being disowned for a foolish act, but to bounce back so strongly and show compassion towards my son Mary, is something I have noticed and my eyes and ears at court how expressed how close you have both been.

Having heard this coming from you Mary, I have decided, that I will give you one chance with my son, but should you betray him in any way, then the consequences will be severe for you, for I will do anything to protect my son. I will give you my blessing, are we clear on this?

One final question Mary and please be truthful, is it true that Katherine and Henry Carey are your children?. If so, will you bring them to the Ukraine and include them in our family, but not only that, but also do your duty to provide Alexei with a son?
Nikolai Olegovna
Nikolai Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Boleyn Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:02 pm

I was happy to hear that the King will allow me to marry Prince Alexei.  I smile but I try not to show it.  I spoke nervously.

Thank you your Majesty.  It is true that Katherine and Henry are my children.  I am honored that you will allow me the opportunity to bring them here so that I can be with them.  Henry is with my sister, Queen Anne.  He is the ward of Anne at this time.  My mother cares for Katherine.  I believe that my mother and sister felt that they could raise my children better than I can.  So I must petition the court to have both children released from my family and sent here to Ukraine.  It would bring me joy to have them here with me.  With all of my heart I want to give Alexei a son.  Hopefully more than one. Your Majesty I have no intention to hurt him.  I would rather remove a hand than to cause intentional harm to someone I love.  He looks at me with love.  Someone who truly sees my worth even when I do not see it in myself.  It would break my heart if his eyes look at me with disappointment. If I cause you any reason to give you any reason for doubt I will submit myself for your judgement. I love your son.
Mary Boleyn
Mary Boleyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikolai Olegovna Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:47 pm

I looked at Mary Boleyn and I was pleased to hear that she was truthful about her children.

"You are of course most welcome Lady Mary. It sounds like your children are very fine. I think that it is only right for them to be here and included as part of our family, but in that department I will not interfere as they are your children and your husband's so it should be discussed between the two of you.

Mary, I can see now just by talking to you here, that my son really does love you and I can see why he does and with it I hope that you will be happy together. I am certain that you will not cause my son any harm or grief but pleased that you understand that punishment will come if you do.

How would you like to meet the family properly and get to know us better this evening over dinner. We always gather on evenings for the family meal?
Nikolai Olegovna
Nikolai Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Boleyn Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:57 am

I am happy that King Nikolai has given me permission to marry his son Prince Alexei.  

Thank you so much your Majesty for allowing me to marry your son.  I appreciate your believing that I will not cause Alexei harm.  I will message my mother and Anne telling them that I wish to have both of my children with me here in Ukraine.  My mother and my sister really felt that they should to raise my children but I will impress upon them that it will be best to have them in my care.  

I hope to make Alexei as happy as he makes me.   I understand that as parents we will do everything we can to keep our children happy and safe.   I know that if I found out that someone caused harm to my child I would have them punished severely.  

I would like to have dinner with your family. It is very kind of you to invite me to get to know the family closer.  Please is there a certain protocol that I should follow when eating with the royal family.  I do not want to offend my hosts.
Mary Boleyn
Mary Boleyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikolai Olegovna Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:37 pm

I smiled briefly at Mary.

"It pleases me to hear that you will treat my son with respect and care. One day, he is to become King of Ukraine and therefore it would make you Queen. I hope that you are ready for that responsibility.

It will be nice if I could meet your children and not only that, but also for Alexei to meet them as well. With regards to traditions, at any feast we have, you must always make sure that you do not commence eating until myself and Anosova do and we always have our traditional wine.
Nikolai Olegovna
Nikolai Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Boleyn Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:26 am

I curtsey again.

Your Majesty I hope that I will be ready for this responsibility.  I will do all that I can do to make him happy as a good wife and Queen.  I understand the duties of the monarchy and I hope to show as much grace, poise and strength as I have seen in the Queens I know.

I hope that your family will feel the same way about meeting my children. I have written to my sister so I await her response.  I would be my pleasure to dine with your family.  I only hope that I will not embarrass you in any way.  I will try to do my best. Again your Majesty thank you very much.  I love Alexei very much.
Mary Boleyn
Mary Boleyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikolai Olegovna Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:51 pm

I smiled at Mary.

"Your words Lady Mary have filled me with more confidence that you will be a kind hearted soul towards my son and that you will make a great Queen for the Ukraine. I do have to ask though, if you are to marry my son, will you be willing to learn our language too in order to engage with certain people?

I await to hear what it is that your sister says Lady Mary and please do ensure that for the feast tonight you wear something that represents the Ukraine.
Nikolai Olegovna
Nikolai Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2