The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Margaret of Austria meeting with Maria of Aragon

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Margaret of Austria meeting with Maria of Aragon  Empty Margaret of Austria meeting with Maria of Aragon

Post by Guest Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:07 pm

I await the arrival of Maria of Aragon. She comes to visit me for the first time. I am excited to finally meet her.

Back to top Go down

Margaret of Austria meeting with Maria of Aragon  Empty Re: Margaret of Austria meeting with Maria of Aragon

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:53 am

Maria of Aragon finally leaves Portugal to go meet Margaret of Austria. As she approaches Margaret, she smiles and says,
"Why, Margaret, it is so, so good to finally meet with you/"

Back to top Go down

Margaret of Austria meeting with Maria of Aragon  Empty Re: Margaret of Austria meeting with Maria of Aragon

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:12 pm

I smiled to her. It is such a pleasure to finally meet you. I will have someone come to take care of your things and I would love to show you around. Since you are probably tired from your trip I will show you to your chambers. There you can relax and we can eat. Tomorrow I can show you around. Wouldn't you like that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:15 pm

Queen Maria said, "Yes, I certainly need to rest and eat. The pleasure is all mine in meeting with you. Thank yoiu for letting me come."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:10 pm

Of course. How can I say no to you. You have been most gracious in our correspondences. I believe your things have been sent to you Chambers and the ladies that have come with you shall be shown to their sleeping areas and I will see you once you have rested. The chambers are very nice and I hope you would like yours if you have any problems that one of the servants know and they will come to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:28 pm

"Okay, Margaret, I will go to the chambers right now for I need a great deal of rest. it was a long journey from Portugal to here." remarks Maria of Aragon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:27 pm

I called for the lady in waiting to help Maria to her chambers and help with anything she require. Go with your lady in waiting she will assist you. Later tonight we will have dinner and talk. Rest well Mara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:46 am

So with that, Queen Maria of Aragon went to the chamber that Margaret had assigned to her. There the lady in waiting helped to undress her and she layed down and rested while her ladies unpacked her things. It was so nice to see Margaret, thought Queen Maria as she fell into a deep sleep. She was indeed tired. After about eight hours of sleep, Queen Maria awoke and her lady in waiting was there to help her dress so that she could go back down and join Margaret for supper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:06 am

I saw Queen Maria at the top of the stairs. I was happy to see that she had rested and is able to join me for supper. . I hope that you have slept well. Is the chambers to your liking. .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:52 am

"i rested well and everything was to my liking, Margaret. Thank you for taking such good care of me. But I am famished. I hope I look presentable." Queen Maria of Protugal said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:14 pm

I am so happy that you feel at home here. You look wonderful so I will have the dinner served now. I nodded to the cook to have the dinner brought out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:59 pm

They sat at table and the servants were bringing out lampreys and duck and lamb and beef and peas and carrots and apples and oranges and potatoes and bread and butter and chicken among other things. It was a very lavish table. "Everything looks wonderful, Margaret. It is a splendid spread. So tell me, how does Philip and Juana, my sister and brother in law. I understand that they hath gone to Luxemburg to help the young Duchess Marie there."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:20 pm

Well they are fine. I have spent much time with them. Juana is a very kind person with me. I do not know if they had gone to Luxembourg. May I call Maria?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:22 pm

"Of coarse, you may call me Maria. I remember you well when you were Juan's wife. We had such pleasant talks. Juan was a wonderful person. It is so, so sad that he went to God so, so young. I miss him every day of my life." Maria of Aragon hath said unto Margaret.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:43 am

Thank you Maria I miss him so much as well. He was a good man and a wonderful husband and a good friend. But I'm glad we are getting to know each other better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:46 am

"Yes, I am glad as well. I greatly like you and I was most surprised when Manuel agreed to let me leave Portugal. I am with child, Margaret. Is that not wonderful. I feel so happy. to shore the news with you."Queen Maria said as she ate heartily of the food. The delicious food. Margaret was so kind to provde after such a long journey. Queen Maria never realized how long until now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:33 pm

Congratulations to you. Have you told Manuel the news? I am glad that you gave me the privilege to know that you are with child.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:01 pm

"No, I have not. Not yet. I wanted to share the news with you first, Margaret." Queen Maria said, "I love your gown. It is such fine fabric. I am glad that Juana is fine."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:42 pm

Well, thank you for telling me your good news. Your trust is important to me. I am sure that Manuel will be very happy to hear your news. Yes Juana is doing just fine. Ahh you like my gown, thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:50 pm

"Both Manuel and I shalt be happy. Tell me your news. I heard that the Duke of Savoy is looking for your hand in marriage. But I was hoping for Arthur Plantaganet. He is such a fine young man from what I hear. He is very considerate."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:38 pm

This is true.  The Duke has asked for my hand in marriage.  I have not given my answer but I have been told that Arthur is a good man and he would make some lucky lady a good husband.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:07 pm

"I think we should write to King Henry the Seventh in regards to a possible match between you and Arthur. I think it would be better coming from you. King Henry the Seventh is a reasonable man. He knows you are a great catch. You are the Holy Roman Emperor's daughter, sister to Philip of Flanders. What say you, Margaret. i also want to say that this is a fine meal you hath prepared. Thank you." Queen Maria remarked, good naturedly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:23 pm

You make a compelling argument Maria. I do not think that I should go the king and ask about Arthur. Perhaps you could suggest the question to him. Monarch to monarch if you feel strongly about this. If he is receptive to the idea I can entertain the idea of Arthur being a match. I am glad that you are enjoying your meal the cook is amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:38 pm

"Perhaps I will, Margaret. So tell me how are matters with you?" Queen Maria stated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:28 pm

I am well. Things are fine. My father is looking for a match for me so if you really know of a good match you could let him know. But him naming me as regent I was surprised. I hope that I am able to do the position justice. Time will tell. .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next