The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(1509) The Corridors of Greenwich, Pre-Coronation

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

(1509) The Corridors of Greenwich, Pre-Coronation Empty (1509) The Corridors of Greenwich, Pre-Coronation

Post by Sir Thomas More Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:01 am

The court is once again lively: decorated with banners of white and gold, merriments to behold, and much wine to drink. Hope unleashed her blessed breath into the corridors of Greenwich: King Henry is dead, and his son shall be our king. The younger Henry is determined to be nothing like his father once was; as a sign to his peers of this, he has imprisoned his father's council and released prisoners, whose amnesties were long overdue. I have written to Erasmus of all that is happening at court, and he is pleased to hear the child he met those years ago on visit is turning into such a promising monarch!

As I stay standing near a decorated table, Thomas Howard the younger approaches me. I see he is in high spirits, which in the time before was rare for him. I greet him with a nod of my head as he comes and stands next to me.
Sir Thomas More
Sir Thomas More

Back to top Go down

(1509) The Corridors of Greenwich, Pre-Coronation Empty Re: (1509) The Corridors of Greenwich, Pre-Coronation

Post by Thomas Howard Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:12 am

"My dear More, how are you on this fine day. Are we not forunate to have this young Prince be our new King." Thomas Howard, the younger, was very happy for the Howards were not overly fond of King Henry the Seventh who never returned the Duchy of Norfolk to Thomas Howard's father. Hopefully things will be different in this new King's reign. Thomas Howard certainly hoped that would be true, that the Howard family who once again have the Duchy of Norfolk, which was taken by Henry the Seveth after he won at Bosworth and Thomas Howard's grandfather died there fighting on the side of good King Richard the Third.
Thomas Howard
Thomas Howard

Back to top Go down

(1509) The Corridors of Greenwich, Pre-Coronation Empty Re: (1509) The Corridors of Greenwich, Pre-Coronation

Post by Mary Tudor Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:27 pm

I walked into the Corridors of Greenwich. There is a happy mood in the air. I am happy for my brother but I am still sad that my father has passed. Everyone is enjoying the festivities all around. The room was colored with white and gold. I love it. I can see Sir Thomas More talking with Thomas Howard.
Mary Tudor
Mary Tudor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Howard Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:58 pm

Thomas Howard noticed the Princess Mary Tudor and smiled in her directions. "More, the Princess Mary approches. Your Grace, my condolences on the death of your father, the late King." Thomas Howard said in a deep bow. He liked the Princess Mary. She was an asset to England. She would make a fine match one day. And she was pleasant too boot.
Thomas Howard
Thomas Howard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Thomas More Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:58 am

"England once again has a reason to hope." I responded. I watched for a moment the crowd that gathered in the room. "Were you present for the funeral? The show they put on was magnificent; the knight riding a charger in the abbey, his armor taken off piece by piece. It was truly a memorable allegory for the life of our late king."
Sir Thomas More
Sir Thomas More

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Tudor Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:11 pm

Looked at Sir Thomas More . I am happy to hear that you are here. My father will be missed. You as well Thomas Howard. I hope that your families are well.
Mary Tudor
Mary Tudor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Howard Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:10 pm

"The Howards are well. It is not always easy with such a large family as the Howards to know if they are all in good health or not but I am happy with my Anne of York. Of coarse, we have lost a lot of babies and that is sad. I have no heir but Anne is hearty. I am sure she shall give me a son. We certainly work at it. It is good when two people love like I love Anne. She is gem of a woman. She is here as well somewhere about. That is your aunt, Anne of York I am pleased to be your uncle, Your Highness. It is sad that good Queen Elizabeth of York, your beloved mother is not here to see her son crowned King of all England. You loved both your mother and father, King Henry the Seventh and Elizabeth of York well."
Thomas Howard
Thomas Howard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Thomas More Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:41 am

Elisabeth's death had torn the royal family apart.

I remember how it sullen'd the young Henry. I remember how the king isolated himself and wept. I dared not ask the princess if she remembered her mother, I dared not be so bold as Tom Howard had been.

"Thank you, Princess," I responded once finding my words. "My daughters are hale, and so is my wife. Your brother shall make a fine king."
Sir Thomas More
Sir Thomas More

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Tudor Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:40 am

Thank you both for your condolences.  I am very happy that your families are well.  Lord Thomas Howard I have very few memories of my mother   but I miss her very much.  Everyone grieved greatly.  Now Father and Mother are together just as he wanted. I wanted to be with him as much as I could be.  I did not like to see him in such a state. Sir Thomas More I too believe that Henry will be a great King.  He and I are very close.  I love all brothers and sister but I am closest to Henry.  The hall is beautifully decorated do you both agree.
Mary Tudor
Mary Tudor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Howard Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:42 pm

"Your Highness, if you ever wish to speak of good Queen Elizabeth of York, your sainted mother, I am here. I remember right well and can tell you a great things you may not know. But only if Your Royal HIghness should wish for me to do so. Do not forget, I am the husband of your aunt Anne of York . Queen Elizabeth succoured us for many years. I do not know where Anne and I would be if not for good Queen Elizabeth. She took care of all her sisters and her aunts, the Woodville ladies. Yes, the hall is beautifully decorated. His Majesty knows how to make an impression." At the rate Henry the Eight is going, England will be near bankruptsy in twenty years and then where is the money going to come from.
Thomas Howard
Thomas Howard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Tudor Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:04 am

. Lord Thomas I will look forward to hearing about my mother.  I have very little memories of her and learning more about Aunt Anne will be very nice.  Do you know much about her sisters and aunts for I would really like to know of them.  I do not know much about the affairs of the country.  But I am certain that my brother will be able to figure out what is in the best interests of the country.  I believe that England is in good hands with Henry.  He is a very good brother and will be a very great King
Mary Tudor
Mary Tudor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Howard Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:48 am

"Yes, I know about your sainted mother, the Queen's sisters and aunts. There is Cecily of York, my Anne, Catherine and Bridget of York. Bridget is a nun, Catherine wed with Earl of Devonshire and Cecilly has wed with Lord Welles but he passed on and she made a match that was not approved of with Sir Thomas Kymbe who passed away in 1507 and now she is wed with Ralph Scorpe of Upsall. Most of Queen Elizabeth's aunts are passed now. Anne of York is the best of them all with the exception of your sainted mother. We have had so many dead babies. We had a son who lived until 1506. He died at eleven. It was sad. But we keep trying. I do believe Anne has many years yet to bear me a son but it is taking its toll on her body, poor dear but we must do our duty and provide an heir for the Howards. My father is still alive and hopefully live a lot longer so that he may see his grandson that will inherit the lands that we do have." And hopefully the Duchy of Norfolk as well, thought Thomas Howard. How he and his father had hated Henry the Seventh for not returning the Duchy to Thomas' father. Just because John Howard, Duke of Norfolk had backed good King Richard at Bosworth. King Richard was his king. Of Coarse, Duke John was only being loyal to his king. This rankled with both Thomas Howard the elder and the younger. But of coarse, he could nor would not say all these things unto the Princess Mary.
Thomas Howard
Thomas Howard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Tudor Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:16 am

. Thomas Howard thank you for the information.  I appreciate you telling me their names but what I wanted to know is about them.  What are they like..  Maybe with your permission I can meet your dear wife Anne. My father was kind to me.  I have some sense of my mother. Arthur, Margaret and Henry felt her death more than I.  I have certain impressions of her.  I am saddened to hear that your wife has had the loss of several babies.  May she is soon have a healthy and strong baby boy
Mary Tudor
Mary Tudor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Thomas More Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:51 am

"Indeed." I responded. "England shall have an heir, and the Tudor Dynasty will be everlasting!"
Sir Thomas More
Sir Thomas More

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Howard Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:00 am

Good Queen Catherine of Aragon will give King Henry a son for very sure for the Trasatmara of which family she is from in Castile and Aragon is fertile, thought Thomas Howard. Queen Cathereine's sainted mother, the great Isabel of Castile had five children. Four of them girls but she did have a son but he died in 1497. So Queen Catherine's sister, Isabel of Aragon became the heiress. Queen Catherine's brother, Juan wed with Margaret of Austria and had gotten her with child of which she lost. Then Isabel of Aragon weds for a second time to Manuel of Portugal and they have son who lives until 1500. A boy by the name of Miguel. Both Isabel of Castile and her husband, Ferdinand of Aragon were devasated. Then the next heiress was Queen Juana of Castile who lost her husband, Philip of Flanders in 1506. Apparently she has gone mad with grief and is not able to rule. So now Ferdinand is ruling in Castile which is something he always wished for, thought Thomas Howard. It is sad that both sister and brother and nephew of Queen Catherine had passed on. Thomas Howard is not sure of the story as to why Juana of Castile is not ruling is not true for Ferdinand is a crafty old goat who did not like being second fiddle to his wife, Isabel of Castile but she would not make him King in Castile. Apparently, Juana tired the same thing with Philip of Flanders, realizing too late about how important Castile was in the world. She wanted to be Queen and yet she allowed grief to overwhelm her. Apparently she slept with the corspe of her dead husband, Philip of Flanders.That is taking matters to the extreme if true, thought Thomas Howard but Juana of Castile hath been fertile too. She had six children, four girls and two boys. Hopefully, Queen Catherine will have children as well, boys. Her sister Isabel of Aragon had Dom Miguel and her sister Maria wed with Isabel of Aragon's husband, Manuel of Portugal and she has children and a lot of boys.

Queen Catherine hath suffered so much in her life when young Prince Arthur died. She had been devastated in the extreme just like Juana had been when Philip of Flanders died but she did not sleep with his corpse. He wishes Queen Juana all the best and King Henry would have had to deal with Juana if Philip had not died and King Henry liked Philip of Flanders whom he had met in 1506 when good Queen Juana and Philip were stranded in England. Both Juana and Philip had stayed in England for five months and King Henry the Eight was often in Philipl's presence. When Philip died, King Henry the Seventh wished to wed with her but Ferdinand would not allow that. Imagine, King Henry the Seventh ruling in Castile as well as England, that was how Ferdinand though. All these thoughts flowed thorugh Thomas Howard mind as Sir Thomas More hath said his comment. And he smiled at both More and the Princess Mary.
Thomas Howard
Thomas Howard

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:16 pm

I had come into the Greenwich corridors where More, Howard and my sister Mary were in discussion. I could not believe that I was now King of this great country and that soon the coronation would be upon me. I smiled towards them all as I approached.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Howard Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:56 pm

Thomas Howard saw the King approach and went immediately into a deep bow towards his King. "Your Majesty."
Thomas Howard
Thomas Howard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Tudor Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:07 am

I curtsey before my brother and smile. He looks quite handsome and I wished that Mother and Father were here to see him. Your Majesty
Mary Tudor
Mary Tudor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Tudor Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:12 am

When Henry passed us I looked at Thomas More. . I hope that as well Sir Thomas. May he and Catherine have many fine sons and daughters. I want them to be happy as I am happy for them.
Mary Tudor
Mary Tudor

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:17 pm

I smile at them all and greet them.

"Thank you all for your kind greetings. Mary you do look most splendid today.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Howard Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:41 pm

Thomas Howard was still with his bow for his king did not ask him to rise yet. He may have addressed them all but it seems like he wishes to speak to his sister.
Thomas Howard
Thomas Howard

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:45 pm

I looked at Thomas Howard and then I spoke.

"Thomas, you may rise. Tell me how you are Thomas?
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Howard Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:06 am

'I am well, Your Majesty', Thomas Howard said. 'It is a splendid day'
Thomas Howard
Thomas Howard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Tudor Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:15 am

I smile at my brother and I curtsey. . Your Majesty. Thank you for the complement You look wonderful. I hope that we may have a dance at the celebration.
Mary Tudor
Mary Tudor

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:31 pm

"Lord Thomas, it is indeed a wonderful day. Would you care to join me for a walk in the gardens, whilst the weather is good?
Henry VIII
Henry VIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next