The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juana of Castile to Margaret of Austria

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Juana of Castile to Margaret of Austria - Page 2 Empty Re: Juana of Castile to Margaret of Austria

Post by Margaret of Austria Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:00 pm

Dear Juana,

I am happy that you feel that you can talk to me. I am quite sure that your mother very proud of you. You will just fine. How are you feeling? Are you enjoying France. Is Philip having a good time with you. How is the baby. Are you taking care of yourself. You must take care for the baby. So do not worry about anything else.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Juana of Castile to Margaret of Austria - Page 2 Empty Re: Juana of Castile to Margaret of Austria

Post by Joanna of Castile Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:01 pm

Dear Margaret:

Of coarse, I am taking care of myself for the baby and for Philip. Philip is enjoying hinself but he will have to answer to my father fot taking me through France instead of by ship, around France. I am so glad you are doing well at the Court of Henry the Seventh and Elizabeth of York. Tell me of the Tudor family?

Yours Juana of Castile, Archduchess of Flanders.
Joanna of Castile
Joanna of Castile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:09 pm

Dear Juana,

You will be fine in France with Philip.  You just do not care for France or it's people. Otherwise I am enjoying the company of the King and Queen of England.  Queen Elizabeth is a kind woman.  They have several children.  I have met Arthur, Margaret, Henry and Mary.  I have been happy here.  But time is coming to return home.  Soon I will have to marry Philbert.  Miss Juan deeply and I wish that I would have a child of his. To keep his existence alive.  My remembrance of him.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna of Castile Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:56 pm

Dear Margaret:

I wish that as well. If your child or my sister, Isabel of Aragon's child had lived beyond two years old, I would not have been next for the Castilian throne. I do not wish that and yet there is a part of me that does wish it. Am I some kind of monster?

Yours Juana of Castile, Archduchess of Flanders

Yes, there was a part of Juana that was glad that she would be Queen of Castile but how to follow in the shoes of the great Isabel of Castile. She was highly srung and very emtioniona. A Quere of Castile had to be cool and calm and collected
Joanna of Castile
Joanna of Castile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna of Castile Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:59 pm

]Dear Margare

I wish that as well. If your child or my sister, Isabel of Aragon's child had lived beyond two years old, I would not have been next for the Castilian throne. I do not wish that and yet there is a part of me that does wish it. Am I some kind of monster?

Yours Juana of Castile, Archduchess of Flanders

Yes, there was a part of Juana that was glad that she would be Queen of Castile but how to follow in the shoes of the great Isabel of Castile. She was highly srung and very emtional. A Queen of Castile had to be cool and calm and collected thought Juana of Castile.
Joanna of Castile
Joanna of Castile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:53 am

Dear Juana,

No Joanna you are not the monster. It is true that if my child had not died and if Isabel child had not died at 2 years old they would have been Queen. But as life would have it you shall be crowned queen.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna of Castile Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:40 pm

Dear Margaret:

My sister, Isabel of Aragon had a son with Manuel of Portugal by the name of Dom Miguel. My mother and father doted on him. When Manuel came to Castile with Isabel of Aragon, he decided to leave Dom Miguel to be raised in Castile as Castile is the major country. Castile, ma Dio, Margaret. To rule it, my mother had give up so much of her time that she could have used to raise up her children and yet she found time for us. She gave us all a fine education.

Juana of Castile, Archduchess of Flancers.
Joanna of Castile
Joanna of Castile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:32 pm

Dear Juana,

I do not understand. Are you worried about whether being a worthy Queen. It will be fine Most royalty has to give up certain things to be a good monarch. Your mother did her best and you and your brother were wonderful people so she must have done something right.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna of Castile Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:18 pm

Dearest Margaret:

Thank you for saying that I am wonderful. I do not often feel wonderful but I am happy with Philip.

Yours Juana of Castile, Archduchess of Flanders.
Joanna of Castile
Joanna of Castile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:08 pm

Dear Juana,

How is Philip? I have not had a chance to really talk to him. I miss my brother very much. He has his flaws (as do we all) but he is always good to me. I guess I will soon have to leave my time here in England so that I will marry again. I hope that he is a good man. I will find out soon enough.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna of Castile Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:28 pm

Dear Margaret:

Philip is well. You know Philip. He is here, there and all over the place. How he loves the French. I will tell Philip that we are communicating and that you asked about him. Philip is a wonderful, kind and lovely man.

Juana of Castile, Archduchess of Flanders
Joanna of Castile
Joanna of Castile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:14 pm

Dear Juana,

It is wonderful that you are happy in your marriage. I only hope that my new husband will a kind man. That I can love. Maybe have a child with. I shall not worry about the future it will take care of itself. Blessings to you both.

Margaret

Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna of Castile Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:26 pm

Dearest Margaret:

Thank you. I know you wilt be happy with Savoy. You will be Duchess of Savoy. I do hope you have a child for you truly deserve a child.

Juana of Castile, Archduchess of Flanders.

Joanna of Castile
Joanna of Castile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret of Austria Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:32 am

Dear Juana,

I hope that I will be as happy with Philbert as I was with Juan. That is what I hope. Right now I can do nothing more.

Margaret
Margaret of Austria
Margaret of Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum