The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Margaret Neville Introduction

Go down

Margaret Neville Introduction Empty Margaret Neville Introduction

Post by Margaret Neville Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:29 am

My name is Margaret Neville: I am the daughter of Richard Beauchamp, Earl of Warwick, and an unknown woman. I was born around 1445, long before my father married my stepmother, Anne. Anne was the mother of my two half sisters: Anne and Isabel.

Sometime during the 1460's, I was married to Richard Huddleson: a Lancastrian knight with an impressive family tree. Throughout our first years of marriage, my husband swore allegiance to my father, and helped with the restoration of Henry VI, however once my father died in battle, he transferred his loyalties to my younger cousin Richard, Duke of Gloucester.

Although we lived a quiet life, we did not have a child of our own until 1479: a boy named Richard. We were blessed with two other children, however I was pregnant with the last when my husband died in 1485. This was also the year that my cousin Richard, now king, died in battle, as well as the death of my last remaining sister, Anne, from consumption. It seemed as if all were lost for my family and I.

However, sometime after 1485, I married Lancelot Threkheld: a true knight in shining armor. All was quiet until my son inherited his grandfather's titles, and became Lord of Millom. Unfortunately, all three of my children would die young, well after my own demise in 1499.

Although I had come into this world a lowly bastard, I left it a landed lady and mother. I made my destiny with my own two hands, and that in itself is great.

Margaret Neville
Margaret Neville

Back to top Go down