The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marie's Bedchamber

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Marie's Bedchamber Empty Marie's Bedchamber

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:25 pm

I had received the sad news of the passing of the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg and now it was time for me to visit their daughter and tell her she was now the ruler of Luxembourg. I arrived at her chamber and knocked waiting to be admitted.

Back to top Go down

Marie's Bedchamber Empty Re: Marie's Bedchamber

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:33 am

Marie of Saint Pol was lying in bed when she heard the knock on the door. Her servant, Elizabeth was close by and Marie said to Elizabeth to answer the door. She awaited to see who was at the door.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:26 am

Marie's servant Elizabeth came to the door and opened it and saw me standing there then she turned to Marie. "It is Master Robin Lock your highness" she said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:41 pm

Marie beckoned for Robin to come closer. "Good evening, Master Lock. How are you? and what do you wish. The hour is late." Marie said sleepily to Master Lock.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:40 am

I moved closer to Marie's bed as she requested and then I looked at her closely.

"I fare well considering the news I am about to tell you Your Highness. I forgive the lateness of my visit but as you know of late your mother has been gravely ill with sickness and it saddens me to have to inform you that she passed from this world not long ago and it was her dying wish to me that I should inform you at once and serve you loyally as I did her and I come to inform Your Highness that you are now the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg. I say with a tear in my eye.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:45 am

Her mother is gone. How sad. Marie of Saint Pol had been very close to her mother and she had been so ill. And now she was Grand Duchess of Luxembourg. Wow. She of coarse, always had known she would succeed but now that it is a fact, it is very overwhelming. She wanted her mother back. She was in such shock that she had left Master Lock standing there without responding to him. She was sure he could tell how grieved she was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:33 pm

I knew the news that I had just told Marie had left her in great shock and so I went over to comfort her at this sad time.

"I am sorry to have had to have told you this news Marie and please if there is anything I can do please tell me and may I have the honour of serving you as I did your mother and help guide you as Grand Duchess? I can tell you your mother did not suffer for she died peacefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:33 am

"it is good that she died peacefully and I know that you wilt help me in being Grand Duchess for that is a major job and I wish to make my mother proud." Marie is still in shock. She can not believe that her mother is gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:12 pm

"I will do my very best to help you Marie in being grand Duchess and i know how close you were to your mother and it must be hard for you at this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:00 am

"it is very hard, Master Lock for she was a good mother and a good Grand Duchess. I hope I shalt be such a good Grand Duchess. There is so much to do as Grand Duchess. The first being keeping the balance in England and attending to foreign ambassadors. Then there is making good laws for the people that they may be happy and content so that they will work for Luxembourg." Marie stated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:19 am

"I know it will be hard Marie but I am sure that you will be excellent just like your mother. The ambassadors will come to meet with you as well and it is important to maintain their peace as well. There are going to be many offers of marriage as well for you are young and a ruler but on this you must be wise as well. The current laws of Luxembourg the people are content with but some of the nobles are not so easily pleased but I hope to help guide you Marie if you will allow it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:26 pm

"Of coarse, I will allow you to guide me, Master Lock. You have taken such good care of my lady mother, that I know you wilt take good care of me and as to marriage, I do not wish to wed yet. I know I shalt have to one day but not yet. I wish to rule alone for some time." Marie of Saint Pol commanded. It came natural to her, the aura of majesty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:32 pm

"Then I am most honoured of course to serve you and I know your rule will be one that thrives. I say as one of my soldiers came up to me with a letter from a scout. I opened it and read it.
"Your Highness it appears that an army are camped on the northern border"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:51 am

Marie of Saint Pol was surprised why would there be an army there and from whom. "Who is attacking us, Master Lock and why."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:53 am

I looked up at Marie and then composed myself before speaking.

"Your Highness our spies report that the army is that of the Belgian King Charles de Bourbon whom it appears is planning something. For many years he has been seeking the throne of Luxembourg and your mother was able to stop any of his threats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:33 pm

"Charles de Bourbon!! That awful man. How dare he threaten my throne of Luxembourg. We will defeat them. I order you, Master Lock to take care of it. Crush the beast for me and I wilt reward you well." If Master Lock defeated Charles de Bourbon, Marie would make him a baron.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:12 pm

I looked at Marie and then I was pleased to hear she wanted to defeat him but I was also concerned as he was a very wise strategist as well.

"Your Highness I will of course deal with Charles should he enter into your lands but may I advise your Highness that we should monitor his movements for now as he is still just in his own lands. Should he attack then we can deal with him. How would you like an attack Marie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:59 am

"I take your advice. Do as you say. You are most wise and coounsel me well. We will monitor his movements. I should very much like an attack but only if he attacks us first. I do not want war with him. He is a horrible, despicable man whom I want nothing to do with. Thank you, Master Lock. You art ever faithful"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:52 am

"Marie you are already proving that you are a strong ruler but making these decisions. You are right however that when the time comes we shall attack but if we launched one now on his own lands he would declare war on us and I do not think being a small country we would have enough arms to defeat a full on attack that is why I will come up with a strategy and ensure victory for us. I will always serve your highness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:22 pm

"Yes, Master Lock, come up with a strategy, please. I would be most pleased if you did." Marie felt glad that she had such a faithful servant. Master Lock was priceless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:09 pm

"I will do all that I can for you your majesty please do not worry. I do believe that the King and Queen of Denmark would like to visit you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:01 am

I would be most pleased to receive the King and Queen of Denmark. Perhaps they can help me with Charles de Bourbon, the bastard that he is. The Queen of Denmark was ever a good friend to my lady mother. Yes, I shalt gladly receive the King and and Queen of Denmark." Marie said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:28 am

"Very well I know that they will be on their way to visit you soon Your Highness and may I suggest a celebration is prepared for them. I have news from the Belgian border and the King of Belgium has moved his army closer to Luxembourg but not into our lands almost as if he wants you to attack so he can declare war for attacking him in his own country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:03 pm

"Yes, prepare a feast for the King and the Queen of Denmark. And keep me informed as to Charles de Bourbon's activities. We are not going to attack. He is going to have to attack first. I leave it in your capable hands, Master Lock." Marie said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:37 pm

"Of course Marie I will do my best to prepare the feast for you and will watch the movements of the enemy as well do not worry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next