The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mary, Queen of Scots's Receiving Room

Go down

Mary, Queen of Scots's Receiving Room Empty Mary, Queen of Scots's Receiving Room

Post by Guest Sun May 28, 2023 10:08 am

I had travelled to Holyrood Palace to see my mother as I had been informed that she wished to see me.

Back to top Go down

Mary, Queen of Scots's Receiving Room Empty Re: Mary, Queen of Scots's Receiving Room

Post by Guest Sun May 28, 2023 1:18 pm

Mary, Queen of Scots recieved her son, James in the recieving room. "James, I am most glad that you have come."

Back to top Go down

Mary, Queen of Scots's Receiving Room Empty Re: Mary, Queen of Scots's Receiving Room

Post by Guest Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:03 am

I bowed my head to my mother as I entered.

"Mother, I have been informed that you wished to see me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:35 am

"Yes, I do wish to see you. I always wish to see my son. I love you, James. How are you?" Mary, Queen of Scots said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:37 am

I looked at my mother as she spoke to me.

"I am well, thank you mother. The people you assigned to me are always protective of me to. How are things with you and the Scottish Court mother?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:16 pm

"Things are well with us, thank you, son." Mary, Queen of Scots remarked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:42 am

"Mother, I am pleased to hear that things are well in Scotland. How are the relations with England?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:17 pm

"The relations with England are never good but you must be exhausted and hungry. I will have a servant show you to your chamber and after you rest, we can have supper and chat some. Elizabeth is a horrible person who does not know a good thing when it is presented to her but we will discuss that later. Now, you must rest."
Queen Mary remarked and she indicated for a servant to show James to his chamber that he may rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:52 pm

"Thank you mother, I shall look forward to speaking with you later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:46 am

While James rested, Queen Mary went to attend to her paper work which was mounting. They had a Royal Council and matters are always testy with England but not just England. Scotland itself need a lot of tending too. At least the people love her. She was glad that James hath come to see her. Later they will have a good chat over supper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:06 am

Amongst the papers that Mary had before her there were fresh concern regarding the taxes. Many nobles were not happy either about how Mary was dealing with the threat on the Southern border. Other papers included requests from nobles too. There was a lot and one day James would have to burden with this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:56 pm

The time came for supper. Queen Mary sent her maid Lady Seton to summon her son, James to supper. The servants were bringing in lampreys, chicken, shrimp, beef, pototoes, peas, carrots, corn among many other things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:44 am

I followed Lady Seton to the dining Hall ready for supper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down