The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting Alexei's Parents

+2
Anosova Olegovna
Alexei Olegovna
6 posters

Go down

Meeting Alexei's Parents Empty Meeting Alexei's Parents

Post by Alexei Olegovna Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:08 pm

I had bought Mary to meet my parents Nikolai and Anosova. I was a little nervous as to what father would think, but I was confident that mother would approve.
Alexei Olegovna
Alexei Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Meeting Alexei's Parents Empty Re: Meeting Alexei's Parents

Post by Mary Boleyn Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:35 am

I tightly held Alexei's hand and my heart beats loudly.

. Alexei, I hope that they will make a good impression. I really want them to like me. I am sorry that I am so nervous. How do I look?
Mary Boleyn
Mary Boleyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexei Olegovna Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:49 pm

"Mary, it is okay to be nervous, I understand. You look like the perfect image of beauty and one that I love very much. I say to her as the door to my parent's chamber was opened for us to enter.
Alexei Olegovna
Alexei Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Boleyn Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:09 pm

Blushing at Alexei's compliment and I smile.

. Thank you for your compliment. I hope that your parents will give us their blessings for us to marry. I hope that King Henry and, my family will also give their blessings as well.
Mary Boleyn
Mary Boleyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikolai Olegovna Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:39 pm

The door to our chamber was opened and my son and Mary Boleyn were let in to see myself and Anosova. Despite her not feeling perfectly well, she wanted this meeting.
Nikolai Olegovna
Nikolai Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Anosova Olegovna Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:43 pm

I was still not completely well, but I did not want to miss this opportunity to meet the fine lady that my son wished to marry. The door opened and they walked in holding each other's hands and I smiled towards them seeing how happy they looked. I turned to look at my husband and he did not seem as enthusiastic as myself, but I hoped he would cheer up. I gave out a little cough in my handkerchief as they approached us.
Anosova Olegovna
Anosova Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Boleyn Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:11 pm

I walked in the King and Queen's Chambers with Alexei holding my hand keeping me steady. The Queen looked at me with a smile but the King has a stern look on his face. I curtsey.

. Hello your Majesties. I am Mary Boleyn. I am happy to make your acquaintance. I deeply care for your son. He has been a gentleman and someone I can call friend and with your blessing I would like to call him husband.
Mary Boleyn
Mary Boleyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikolai Olegovna Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:28 pm

I had finally met Mary Boleyn in person. I noticed the way that they held each other's hands and clealy Alexei wanted this marriage. I noticed at how direct and to the point Mary was with her words. I continued to look at her with a firm gaze.

"So you are Mary Boleyn, the lady that my son wishes to marry. I would like to ask you my dear, can you tell me more about your family background? I say as Anosova smiled at her.
Nikolai Olegovna
Nikolai Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Boleyn Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:58 am

. Your Majesty my father is Thomas Boleyn Earl of Wiltshire a diplomat and my mother is Elizabeth Howard Countess of Wiltshire I have a sister named Anne Queen of England and I have a brother named George Viscount Rochford.  I would like you to know that I am close to Queen Mary and a friend of Queen Magda.  It was she who introduced me to Alexei. They thought that I would be a good friend. While in Sweden we talked about our similar tastes. Your Majesty I do not want to impress you with titles. I love your son.  I would like the chance to show you that I will strive to make him happy.   I know that you do not deem me worthy of your son and I can understand that.  But King Henry thought highly of me and he gave me a letter giving me his blessings to come to to you and make a match.  They will tell you that I am from a fine and upstanding family.  All I ask is that you would give me a chance to prove that my love is genuine.  I love him as Alexei the good man not Alexei the prince.   I curtsey.
Mary Boleyn
Mary Boleyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalia Olegovna Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:21 am

I stood behind them when my brother and Mary went to talk to our parents. Mother would have no problem with Mary. She would just want Alexei to find a good woman who could win his heart. Father on the other hand is harder to please. I hope that he will stand in the way of Alexei's happiness. Father does not completely trust that Alexei would know the right sort of girl to marry. I believe that Mary is a good woman and she can make Alexei happy.
Natalia Olegovna
Natalia Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Boleyn Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:29 pm

I looked at Alexei's parents. I can see that his mother is understanding about what I had to say. His father on the other hand was not so pleased. I do not think that he would give his blessings for me to marry his son. A part of me wanted to just run out. I wanted to scream out loud because the one piece of happiness that I could want could be denied to me. Alexei makes me feel loved. He did not care about me being a mistress. That is my shameful past but he did not care. He sees me and what he see is good. But I can see that his father would not forgive my past. I trembled and Alexei hand anchors me from running like I want to. He smiled at me.
Mary Boleyn
Mary Boleyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikolai Olegovna Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:47 pm

I listened to Mary Boleyn as she spoke and then she made a reference to my very good Queen Magda and for her to have said she was a good match that must be a good thing. As I listened my wife Anosova whispered something to me then I looked back at Mary Boleyn.

"Lady Mary, I thank you for being honest about everything with me. I can see from when you came in that you and Alexei do share a great bond. You mentioned that Queen Magda thought you were a good match and for your King to have given his blessing he must approve of this match. Having thought this through, although it would be my first choice match for my son and heir, given what the previous ladies had given, you are very different.

Queen Anosova here believes that you are a good match for our son and that he finally deserves to be happy. Taking into consideration all that you have said, I will agree to this match on the one condition that I get to meet with your entire family as I have a few things that I need to discuss with your sister especially as Queen of England. Alexei needs to be happy and so I am willing to give you a chance, can you agree to my terms?
Nikolai Olegovna
Nikolai Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Boleyn Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

. Thank you King Nikolai. I warmly agree to your terms. I shall send letters to my family and King Henry.
Mary Boleyn
Mary Boleyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Boleyn Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:53 pm

. Your Majesties.  I have received word from King Henry and Queen Anne and they both have given their blessings.  King Henry has asked if all of you could meet him at Whitehall in England.  He says that he is unable to leave because there are important matters of State that he must attend to.  I hope that you are able to agree with this request.  I hope that you can.  There are so many beautiful things that I would like to show you.  I say with a nervous smile on my face.
Mary Boleyn
Mary Boleyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikolai Olegovna Sun May 05, 2024 11:10 pm

I looked towards Anosova as she mentioned King Henry wanting to meet us and Anosova nodded her head to me.

"Mary, you may inform your King that both myself and Anosova will accept his request and meet him at Whitehall, however it will have to be next month. I am currently dealing with important negotiations. After I have spoken with King Henry, I will be happy for you to wed my son, even if I did have someone in mind for him.
Nikolai Olegovna
Nikolai Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalia Olegovna Mon May 06, 2024 9:19 pm

I walked towards my father and I whispered in his ear.

. Thank you Father for giving them permission to marry. I believe that she loves Alexei and he loves her. I hope that King and Queen of England are amiable people. Just out of curiosity would you please tell me who you had in mind for Alexei.
Natalia Olegovna
Natalia Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikolai Olegovna Mon May 06, 2024 10:38 pm

I looked at Natalia as she approached me and she smiled at me. I leaned forward from my throne and whispered to her.

"I am happy that you are happy that I have given them my blessing to be wed. I do not know how long it will be until the wedding, but the story that Mary told me and the word I received from her sister did convince me. I hope that this will not upset you Natalia, but when you hear who I had in mind for your brother, you will likely understand why I was reluctant. I was planning on sending Alexei to the suitors ball in Russia tomorrow, to be presented as a candidate for the new Queen Valentina. As you well know our two nations have been at war for years and I thought she would be the perfect match, but now this cannot happen.
Nikolai Olegovna
Nikolai Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalia Olegovna Wed May 08, 2024 12:40 am

. Father I understand that. Your reasoning is sound. But I have seen how Alexei looks at her and how Mary looks at him. They have the same look on their faces that you and Mother have when you are in each other's presence. I know that you want Alexei to marry the best person but perhaps Mary is the best person. He has never seen the Russian Queen. He may not feel any care for her at all. Mary makes him happy and I have not seen him like this in a long time.
Natalia Olegovna
Natalia Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Elena Olegovna Wed May 08, 2024 12:51 am

I looked at Father and Natalia.  I am happy that Father is allowing Alexei to marry Mary.  

. Father I agree with Natalia.  Alexei seems to be happy with Mary.  In Sweden they talked to each other the whole evening.  Queen Mary spoke quite highly of Mary.  I am certain that she would not suggest him to Mary him.  Even Queen Magda suggested Mary to Alexei
Elena Olegovna
Elena Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikolai Olegovna Wed May 08, 2024 10:21 pm

I looked at both of my daughters with intent.
I smiled at them.

"Having seen them up close and together, it certainly does seem to me now that I made the right choice with Alexei. He does seem very happy for Mary and she will be a fine Queen.

I am pleased that you both understand as to to why I was initially holding back, but anyway I have news. I would like the both of you to be ready. We are to meet King Henry in England in the coming days.
Nikolai Olegovna
Nikolai Olegovna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down