The Tudor Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Garden

Go down

The Garden Empty The Garden

Post by King Richard III Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:30 am

The garden around the Chateau
King Richard III
King Richard III
Admin

https://tudorroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Garden Empty The Arrival of Mary Queen of Scots

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:01 pm

I am here in the gardens of the Chateau awaiting my husband Henri's imminent arrival to prepare to meet the entourage of Mary Queen of Scots and her ladies.

Back to top Go down

The Garden Empty Re: The Garden

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:18 pm

I arrived in the gardens alongside Catherine as I we had received word that the Scots Queen was on her way to the Chateau.

"Are you ready to meet the Scots Queen Catherine?

Back to top Go down

The Garden Empty Mary Queen of Scots visits French Court

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:00 am

Everything is so different here than in Scotland and I must study and learn the French ways.

The King of France Henri II of Valois comes to meet us and bows low to myself and my ladies. He is so handsome I have to wonder if Francois looks like him much.

I make a low sweeping curtsey to King Henri and my ladies behind me follow suit.

Your Majesty, we are delighted to make your acquaintance, thank you for inviting my ladies and myself to your wonderful country and your fabulous court here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:10 am

I watch my husband putting on the charm towards the Scottish Queen and her lovely ladies who have come to the Chateau here and hopefully stay in France so we can groom her as a perfect bride for the Dauphin.

I step forward myself to greet Queen Mary

You must be very tired after your long hard journey, can I offer you some refreshments on the terrace first and then you will be shown to your chambers where you can rest and bathe before you come to the Dining Hall for a dinner and some entertainment.

I indicate up to the terrace with a wave of my hand and some servants appear to pull out chairs and pour wine.

I smile to myself that I have arranged everything so well and Henri has played his part as agreed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:47 am

King Henri and Queen Catherine are so welcoming and charming, my ladies and I are going to be so well looked after here I believe.

Thank you Queen Catherine that would be lovely and we would appreciate a chance to freshen up before we have dinner tonight but some refreshment now and a chance to talk is just wonderful

I notice that every little thing was been so well planned and I wonder when I will meet Francois.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:53 am

I think to myself how beautiful this young lady is and how very courteous and charming too.

Come and sit with us on the terrace and have some of our best wine and hors deuves, Henri has to meet with his council before he prepares for dinner so please excuse him. You all look so well considering the arduous journey, are you wearing fashions from Scotland because you look so graceful and fashionable?

Maybe they have sent for French garments, that would be very impressive but I do hope that they have some traditional Scottish garments with them to show us.

Back to top Go down

The Garden Empty MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS VISITS FRENCH COURT

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:27 am

I spent a lot of time and effort ensuring that we all look smart and fashionable in the French styles because I am aware that it is supposedly admired by all of Europe.

I wanted to impress you and fit in at your courts so we sent for some garments from France to try before we left Scotland but of course we will love to wear our traditional clothes too whilst we are here

I can see that Queen Catherine is very pleased with this and I hope too that the Dauphin will approve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:25 am

I look at the Scottish Queen before I had to go and meet with the council.

"Queen Mary it is an honour to receive you and welcoming you to France and it is true what they say that you are indeed a great beauty. Please excuse me Queen Mary for I have to meet with the council but i do hope that we can catch up and talk again over the dinner tonight to welcome you to France.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:20 am

The Kind of France takes my hand and kisses it as a respectful and chivalric gesture. I blush as he mentions my beauty.

Your Majesty King Henri we are all honoured to be your guests and I shall particularly look forward to speaking with you at dinner later. It is a shame that you have to leave us now but I understand about affairs of state.

I watch him as he walks away and I see that Queen Catherine is eyeing me in a strange way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:41 pm

"Until tonight Mary when we can talk more and I am sorry I have to leave but affairs of state are important and I cannot miss them. I trust that Catherine will make you welcome here in France. I say to the young Queen and look at Catherine before leaving to attend to affairs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:59 pm

Of course King Henri, we will talk later at dinner.

I am a little puzzled by Queen Catherine's look but I put it out of my mind because I don't want to think that anything will spoil this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:01 pm

My ladies and I went to settle into our rooms to rest and freshen up before dinner. I am impressed with all the little details and particularly the rosaries that have been put in our rooms in my colours. I must thank Queen Catherine when we meet up later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:56 am

I sent a servant ahead to inform Queen Mary and her ladies that the dinner was nearly ready and that most of the French court had arrived to see her.

Back to top Go down

The Garden Empty The Garden

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:05 am

A servant has just knocked on my door to tell us that dinner is prepared for us. My ladies have helped me to dress and we are all wearing the flowers and jewels that have been given to us by the king and queen.

Come along ladies, shall we see what they have for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:58 pm

I had sent the servant to inform Queen Mary that the feast was ready and everything had been prepared for her too I hope it would be to her liking.

Back to top Go down

The Garden Empty The Feast

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:12 pm

We all enter the banqueting hall where so much food has been prepared and laid out for us.

Your majesty we are honoured by all the thought that has been put into the banquet. I see venison and many types of fish for us to enjoy. You must have done some research to find out what we would like?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:10 am

I smiled towards the young Queen of Scots.

"I can say this to you Mary I would not have wanted you to have come here and to not have enjoyed the feast and so yes I wrote to your mother regarding food and she said venison was one of your favourites. Francis will be joining us soon but please have a seat and I will have the servants pour you some wine? I say as she and her ladies sat down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down